Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

450 credit score? Help...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 450 credit score? Help...

You send them a debt validation letter I recommend certified mail with return receipt. There are some great examples of fv letters on here. It details everything they need in order to prove the debt. If they can't prove it, they can't collect it.
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sheesh. Pardon my typos. My phone has a mind of its own and I am still working on my first cup of coffer
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oops! I'll look that up now and probably send the letter today.

One final question if you can answer and I'll
Let you get back to that coffee, haha Smiley Happy Uhm
So it shows the same Sprint account being reported on Equifax and Transunion, is that normal?

On the Equifax one it says this "This agency did not report an open account to this bureau." what does that even mean?

Okay off to get the letter. Thank you in advanced.
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

A creditor or collection agency can report on all 3 if they chose to. Are you looking on credit karma by chance? I have things show up like that on ck. It means (at least on mine) that the reports aren't identical. So for instance I am trying to get Midland funding removed. On my Tu, it shows as Midland Funding with no match on EQ. EQ shows Midland Fund with no match on TU because they aren't identical.

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I'm looking at Credit Karma. So they're different. Okay got it. Thank you so much for everything.
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Okay so me and my boyfriend are trying to rent an apartment and we went through the credit check and it says pending so we have to wait for a call to say approved or denied.

I'm afraid it will be denied because of my extremely low score and I'm only 20! And in college. I screwed up so early.

So the only things on my credit report is:

750 $ Sprint Fee from cancelling my Sprint service because me and my mom could not afford the entire bill. I was working hardly any hours at my last job and we had to break the contract. This was two years ago.

And a 250$ Capitol one secured card that I couldn't pay after I lost my job. (I'm paying that off this Friday)

I also have 6 Hard Inquiries from two years ago that will be gone by December.

I have student loan of 2,300 on there but it's subsidized so I don't even have to pay it until I'm out of school (which is forever) so why would they count that against me if I don't even HAVE to pay it yet?

That's all I have... And I have no family AT ALL to help me by putting me on the credit card, co signing, or anything. My bank is Mission Federal Credit union.

What do I do rebuild? I'm super worried. I was close to a 700 when I got my first secured credit card, and then I lost my job. /: help?

During rebuilding, IMO its far more important to establish NEW ACCOUNTS, than it is to try to get old accounts removed. Start off with Open Sky, as one other poster suggested. I would also suggest a secured card from SDFCU. Once you get a couple of secured cards reporting your score will jump way up, regardless of your derogs. You'll still be in the toilet, like most of us, but you'll be in the bowl, rather than the the sewer.

Did the Cap One card go to Charge Off status?

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

From my experience with apartments in NYC, I would say to tackle any reported collections and try to open a secured credit card. Most rental places here do not want to see any collections. Everything else can be worked on in time.
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife and I just went through the whole aparment hunting thing. Here's what we learned. Don't get your heart set on a given apartment. Have some choices. Our first choice denied us. We went to the 2nd choice and they required a risk fee equal to 1 months rent. It's what we have to pay for not having stellar credit. Having the options makes the difference. I also think it helps that I had all my ducks in a row and disclosed everything to the rental agent. When she asked for proof of income, I was able to send it immediately without delay. That seemed to imress her.

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

It went to charge off, I'm paying it off this week.
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay thank you! I'll keep that in my mind. I appreciate the comments
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.