Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$4500 for a mortage delete?

tag
No1coltsfan
Established Member

$4500 for a mortage delete?

I was watching a realtiy show in TLC the other night and they showed a lady going to a credit restoration service to get their credit fixed so they could apply for a mortgage. They showed the name of the company and I googled them. I contacted them about helping me. I have 23 negatives on my account, all over 2 years old. One is a mortgage that has 11 months of straight lates. He said that was killing me and to get it removed would be 4500 and would take about 2-3 months. If I didn't want to get that done, for 1500 I could get most of everything else removed (most are settled chargeoffs). I'm wondering if this is standard? I have tried for 15 months to get things removed myself and have only got 1 out 23 removed. I have sent over 200 letters, emails and faxes. I need to turn elsewhere because I'm getting nowhere. Does his charges sound reasonable? Is there another service that could offer the same results for a lower price? I even asked on here if a more experienced person would be willing to work with me for compensation but everyone said I needed to do it myself. I have tried and have got nowhere. Any advice?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
battles11
Established Member

Re: $4500 for a mortage delete?

Ha i wouldnt believe them for a second. Bet they want  all the money up front to. Remember the saying itf it sounds to good to be true it probably is. I wish you luck otherwise.

Message 2 of 4
No1coltsfan
Established Member

Actually, it's not all upfront. You pay monthly. I thought the same thing as you, but on the show (I know that may be skewed) the lady did get her negatives knocked off and was able to get a mortgage withing 45 days.

Message 3 of 4
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Any firm isnt going to do anything different than you are.  The fact that they tell you that something is going to be removed is bolagna.  Tell them to put it in writing if thats the case.

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.