cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

46 (90+) Day Lates - is that even legal?

tag
dmmartinez
Established Member

46 (90+) Day Lates - is that even legal?

Hi All,

I posted on this in June of last year, and was hoping maybe some fresh eyes could help.

I was attempting to get some more information on an old card that was charged off back in college.
I reached out to the CA, and after I asked for a PFD, they updated my credit report with 30+ new CO!

This resulted in (46) 90+ Day Lates, for a debt which I paid off!

Do you know who can help? Is this legal to show 46 90+ Day Lates?

I thought they had to eventually charge off the debt.

It dropped my score over 50 points, and I'm devastated.

No one seems to be able to help.
I reached out to BBB, to Congressman, and to Attorney General.

Is this work contacting a lawyer???

I asked for a copy of the inital contract, and they said since the card was applied for online, they did not have a copy.

Please help Smiley Sad

Credit AccountFst Premie

Status as ofDate opened [?]Date of last activity [?]Largest past balance [?]Account Type [?]Account holder [?]Industry
Jan, 2014
Dec, 2006
Apr, 2009
$468
Revolving
Individual
National Credit Card Cos.
Descriptions [?]
  • Account paid for less than full balance
  • Paid charge off

No contact information provided by Equifax

Balance [?] Current Status [?]
$0Bad debt/collection
Seven year payment history [?]30 days late60 days late90+ days late
1 time
2 times
46 times (May 2013, Apr 2013, Mar 2013, Feb 2013, Jan 2013, Dec 2012, Nov 2012, Oct 2012, Sep 2012, Aug 2012, Jul 2012, Jun 2012, May 2012, Apr 2012, Mar 2012, Feb 2012, Jan 2012)
Recent payment history [?]1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 122012 2013
CollectionCollectionCollectionCollectionCollectionCollectionCollectionCollectionCollectionCollectionCollectionCollectionCollectionCollectionCollectionCollectionCollectionOKOKOKOKOKOKOK
Legend:Current paidCurrently paid as agreed

Amex Blue Cash 3k - Chase CSP 10k - Chase Freedom 3k - Capital One Quicksilver 5k- Chase Slate 5k TU 630 EQ 660 ES 667
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: 46 (90+) Day Lates - is that even legal?

When an account becomes delinquent, the creditor can begin reporting delinquencies and other derogs.

That usually begins with the reporting of a 30-late, which is done both by posting that delinquency to your payment history profile as a new level of delinquency that occured that month, and by reporting the current status as 30-late.

Next month, they can either report an increased delinquency of 60-late to your payment history profile, and also update the status to 50-late, or they can simply report that the status is 30 late without adding a new level of delinquency.  And on and on....

Thus, reporting of a 60 or 90 late status each month does not necessarily signify the occurence of a new delinquency for that month, but rather the continued status of being delinquent.

Reporting of a charge-off is separate.  It is simply the placing of a statement in your file that you are not expected to pay the debt.

Monthly delinquencies can continue to accrue after the debt is charged-off.

It appears that their monthly reporting is simply repeating the highest status of having been charged off.

It appears to be accurate.

Message 2 of 3
dmmartinez
Established Member

Re: 46 (90+) Day Lates - is that even legal?

Thanks for your reply.

Is there anything that can be done? 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Amex Blue Cash 3k - Chase CSP 10k - Chase Freedom 3k - Capital One Quicksilver 5k- Chase Slate 5k TU 630 EQ 660 ES 667
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.