Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

47 point increase!

tag
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Re: 47 point increase!

Yours sounds like a revolving account... which means it'll show like a credit card. id buy something once in a while to keep it active. but otherwise id let it report 0. They're known to give cli's in big chunks too. good luck.
Message 11 of 18
Mysticuno
Contributor

Congrats on your boost! That's a nice pat on the back for your hard work. I added 3 new CL's last month and anxiously awating them to report this week to see what kind of gain I get. I'm preparing to get mortgage ready and after 10 months of aggressive rebuilding feel I am close to my first goal score of 640.

I will patiently wait to see my SW alert this week.

Current Score: EFX 645, XPN 680, TU 725
Message 12 of 18
Mysticuno
Contributor

@LadyLeah...Keep up the good work!

Current Score: EFX 645, XPN 680, TU 725
Message 13 of 18
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the info. I just got my 1st CLI with Fingerhut. You should expect it the 4th month, maybe even sooner. I know there stuff is pretty high price. I did find a toy that my son wanted $5 cheaper on Fingerhut than in the stores, so that was nice. Good luck with the rebuilding. Every increase gives hope!

Message 14 of 18
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Every increase helps your available credit ratio too. main thing is not to max out every credit line you have. makes creditors think you're desperate. also it kills. your utilization too. i know everyone on here despises first premier bank like the black plague but its an easy card to get and it'll help too. as long as you don't mind paying their high interest and annual fees. i have the card and they've reported to my cr.....it reported after my monthly score update so ill have to wait to see if it bumps my score up any. remember.....if you've got 1000 dollars worth of available credit and your using 997 of it...fico doesn't like you lol. if your a man...think of fico as a woman and you don't have the available credit to take her to see the latest Twilight movie. she's gonna be mad lol. (Fits my wife to a T) no offense ladies. Lol
Message 15 of 18
bman1029
Established Member

That's great.  I was debating Fingerhut, you may have just swayed me to go for it.  Hopefully I can see similar results. 

Message 16 of 18
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Best of luck. Fingerhut seems easy to deal with as long as you pay em on time.
Message 17 of 18
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

I got a Fingerhut several months ago starting with the FreshStart ...which did nothing for my score until it was paid off and became a revolving account. That account then destroyed my AAoA and dropped me down. I have yet to see a serious increase, so I hope something comes soon.  I buy something inexpensive on the card every other month and pay if off immediately-being careful never to go over 10% usage. My most recent purchase was about 6% of my $500 CLI. The great thing about them is that once you pay off a balance they give you a CLI. I went from $200  to $500 by paying off one purchase.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.