Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

48 point drop!!!???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 48 point drop!!!???

May want to check your ultiization rate of your cards...also your AAoA maybe dropped...also those 48 points will be made up in no time with good payment history and good ultization rate...the good part is two collections are gone. Lenders dont just look at score they look at file, you could have a lower score but no collections you may still be approved for a card that normally takes a higher score....thats why cards have a range of FICO scores that have been accepted because it isnt on scores...but look deep in your reports and see if there any reporting errors

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections and charge offs aren't factored in the AAoA
Message 12 of 22
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

So if collections aren't factored into AAoA, then can you possibly explain the large drop in score? It will take several reporting cycles to rebound from that.

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd look to see if a collection account or charge off updated
Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought it does play into AAoA as for charge offs ( accounts that were first opened with good intent but ended in bad standing because of unseen issues that came up)

Message 15 of 22
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I never realized being bucketed into a different level could have such impact. In this situation, in theory, 2 collection accounts falling off would gain some points, then you combine this into it and get that big of a drop?

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

The relevant question that has not been answered is "what is your UTI?"

Message 17 of 22
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

I have a cc that is reporting over the limit due to late fees, and one that charged off last year.  But those items were on the report and should have no bearing on the score decrease.

Message 18 of 22
smoop88
Regular Contributor

Reminds me how we are graded in law school!! 😂😂

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@EDub357 wrote:

I have a cc that is reporting over the limit due to late fees, and one that charged off last year.  But those items were on the report and should have no bearing on the score decrease.

They will have a HUGE bearing if you get rebucketed to a more advantageous scorecard. When you get rebucketed, the UTI portion of your scores gets "bigger", so if you have really bad UTI, it pulls your score down further. The upside is that when you correct your UTI, your scores will raise much farther than they would have otherwise.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.