Did you mean: 

48 point drop!!!???

tag
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

Re: 48 point drop!!!???

@Anonymous wrote:

@EDub357 wrote:

I have a cc that is reporting over the limit due to late fees, and one that charged off last year.  But those items were on the report and should have no bearing on the score decrease.

They will have a HUGE bearing if you get rebucketed to a more advantageous scorecard. When you get rebucketed, the UTI portion of your scores gets "bigger", so if you have really bad UTI, it pulls your score down further. The upside is that when you correct your UTI, your scores will raise much farther than they would have otherwise.

I spoke with a rep from myFICO this morning.  She informed me that when an item is disputed, it is no longer factored in the score and that caused the score decrease.  When the disputed is completed, then I should see a increase in score.  So what your telling me then is, if the UTI is lowered considerably, or even if the item is removed, then I should see a substsantial score increase?

Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 48 point drop!!!???

@EDub357 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@EDub357 wrote:

I have a cc that is reporting over the limit due to late fees, and one that charged off last year.  But those items were on the report and should have no bearing on the score decrease.

They will have a HUGE bearing if you get rebucketed to a more advantageous scorecard. When you get rebucketed, the UTI portion of your scores gets "bigger", so if you have really bad UTI, it pulls your score down further. The upside is that when you correct your UTI, your scores will raise much farther than they would have otherwise.

I spoke with a rep from myFICO this morning.  She informed me that when an item is disputed, it is no longer factored in the score and that caused the score decrease.  When the disputed is completed, then I should see a increase in score.  So what your telling me then is, if the UTI is lowered considerably, or even if the item is removed, then I should see a substsantial score increase?

Well, you made no mention of disputes.... Thats a different ball game altogether.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.