Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

49 pt. Gain :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

49 pt. Gain :)

Well its been a long time comming but two negative TL's came off my report last month and WOW a 49 pt. gain!  I went from 612 to 661 on EQ.  Feels good.  Last year this time EQ was 529, a difference of 132 pts total in just a year.  At that time I had 5 negatives and now I am only left with just one.  Shows what a little FICO edumafication can do for ya.  I owe many thanks to MyFico for both the forums and the learning tools here.  When I started out I never really knew anything about my credit score other than it was called a FICO score and even learning what that was in itself was a learning experience - seems there are a few um well lets call them variations of a score.  Thanks ALL

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

Re: 49 pt. Gain :)

YAY Congrats Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 2 of 8
flowman
Established Member

Congrats!!!!  I know the feeling well getting that kind of boost.  With only one baddie hurting you either your credit history is short or that baddie happended fairly recently.  Understanding how to clean up prior credit mess is one part of the game and congrats on your success!  My advice to you now is to master the next game - how to boost your scores - low UTL, AU, Amex backdating etc.  In my experience, your credit report will be on overdrive once you start this game.   

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still waiting for my TU to update after the loss of those 2 baddies, hoping it will go near the 700 mark. Xing fingers for sure.

Also today, thanks to the score simulator, I learned if I can get the credit card that I'm an AU on down to under 10% UTIL I could see up to 40 pts. more on EQ as a result definately putting me over the 700 mark (my goal).  It's my only credit card TL now that my baddies are gone and of course thanks to her for listing me Smiley Happy

Time to become a FICO gardner I guess. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So close, TU went to 694.  Almost there.

Message 6 of 8
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Thats so great!!!

I got bumps on my EQ AND EX in the past week....

WOOHOO, 16 pts on EQ and like 40 on EX xD 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 7 of 8
CS800
Super Contributor

Great job, keep doing what you;re doing. In no time you will up in the 700's

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.