Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

495 score... PLEASE HELP!!!!

tag
enragedjerry
Contributor

495 score... PLEASE HELP!!!!

Just recently joined myFICO and saw a score of 495, I was amazed all my friends and family member Bragg about their scores all the time, I feel left out.   I'm trying to fix my credit, I don't have any BK, and I have the money to pay down what I owe which isn't much....  Thank you.

Hi, enragedjerry, unfortunately we can't post personal info on here. However, this forum is an excellent resource if you're looking to rebuild your credit. - llecs, myFICO moderator

2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 495 score... PLEASE HELP!!!!

....And I'll kick it off....

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

I came on here 3 yrs ago with FICO scores in the low to mid-500s and within a year, I was poking 700. I definitely know you can rebuild your credit and you can do some bragging of your own if you want to.

What I suggest is to read through the above. It'll certainly help. And post new threads, like the one you just did and maybe list 2-3 baddies at a time. That'll keep your posts short and you'll attract more of an audience and more help (vs. posting everything).

Before beginning, I also suggest you pull all 3 reports directly from the CRAs (get it for free via annualcreditreport.com) and those reports have info you cannot find anywhere else and are necessary in tackling baddies. I also suggest, if a FICO score is important, to pull both your TU and EQ FICO scores from here (you cannot buy your EX FICO from anywhere) and you'll have a good starting point by which to work off of. Also, your FICO reports will list, in order, what harms your score the most.

Do you have 2 or 3 baddies we can help you with now?

Message 2 of 3
enragedjerry
Contributor

Re: 495 score... PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hello LLEcs, and thanks a lot of man for the quick response.   Well yeah like a week ago i just paid OFF my capital one credit card.   I have another chase account that i owe like $1200 on it, oh yeah and also i had a Express Clothing credit card and paid account for less than agreed, and i had a balance of $82 dollars but  i paid that off, the rep said he will report to the credit bureu  payment in full.  The rep from capitaolone also said she will report my payment as paid in full.   Thank you guys.

Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.