Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 Down... 2 to Go!

tag
Kikimin
New Contributor

5 Down... 2 to Go!

Have in one month cleared 5 CA agencies from my CR and only have the two worst agencies possible left on my credit report. So I have a question. Portfolio and Midland are the two agencies left. Have sent both CA's a DV. Portfolio is getting to the end of there 30 days in a week or so and Midland has received the DV yet... So with that said is it accurate that collection accounts have less effect on your credit after two years? I refuse to pay portfolio without validation as the amount of the debt is incorrect. How do I continue if I do not get debt validation?

As always thanks for the help!!!!
My FICO8 as of 4/1/16 EQ: 544 TU: 586 EX: 599
Starting FICO8 3/11/16 EQ:539 TU:593 EX:580
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Superman85
Regular Contributor

Re: 5 Down... 2 to Go!

Although after 2 years the baddie wont look as bad to a lender, It's still a huge eye sore on your credit report. What state do you live in? Did you ask for validation in accordance with 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (b)? Also, did you send the validation request via CMRR?

Message 2 of 4
Kikimin
New Contributor

I live in KY but at the time of the charge off I lived in FL. I'm assuming SOL would be for KY. As for the DV I did send it accordance with 15 USC 1692g Sec 809 (b) via CMRR.
My FICO8 as of 4/1/16 EQ: 544 TU: 586 EX: 599
Starting FICO8 3/11/16 EQ:539 TU:593 EX:580
Message 3 of 4
Superman85
Regular Contributor

Folllow up with the folllowing after the 30 days are up and make sure to send it CMRR.

" Dear Sir/Madam:

Your response given to my letter requesting debt validation per 15 USC 1692g Sec 809 (b) does not meet the requirements, and I have contacted The Federal Trade Comission on your non-compliance."

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.