Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 Month Update

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

5 Month Update

So far I have the Cap1 QS1 and Platinum. 

Auto loan thru Cap1. 

Kohls, Marathon, Fingerhut, Overstock and Vicky S! 

Past few days I have Barclays Apple rewards and CLI thru Cap1 (now that I have a bogus delinquency off my report)

Today I got a Discover IT. 

Still denied anything from Synchrony. Didn't burn them in the bk. 

At the 6 month mark I'm going to try Synchrony again. Regardless of what happens I'm good for gardening for a year or so till the house purchase comes up Smiley Happy 

Score has gone from low 500s in January of 2016 to 663 now Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Re: 5 Month Update

@Anonymous wrote:

So far I have the Cap1 QS1 and Platinum. 

Auto loan thru Cap1. 

Kohls, Marathon, Fingerhut, Overstock and Vicky S! 

Past few days I have Barclays Apple rewards and CLI thru Cap1 (now that I have a bogus delinquency off my report)

Today I got a Discover IT. 

Still denied anything from Synchrony. Didn't burn them in the bk. 

At the 6 month mark I'm going to try Synchrony again. Regardless of what happens I'm good for gardening for a year or so till the house purchase comes up Smiley Happy 

Score has gone from low 500s in January of 2016 to 663 now Smiley Happy

Good progress. What was the starting credit line on the Discover IT card?

You should go into CAP1 account, click on chat, and request that CAP1 Platinum card be upgraded to a QuickSilver card.

Message 2 of 8
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Cap 1, Barclay's and Discover are your heavy hitters. You don't really need Synch. Garden what you have and you will be sitting pretty when it comes time for your mortgage. Not really worth it to chase Synch at this point.

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 3 of 8
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the progress.

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 4 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the success so far!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is your TransUnion score? and also what was ur scores at the time for the DiscoverIT card? I am only asking I am kind of on the fence on getting a discover card

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Discover IT came in at a grand. I'll take it Smiley Happy 

So you're saying ask to have the Platinum upgraded to a QS? So then I'll have the QS and QS1? 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ - 658

EX - 663

TU - 655

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.