Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 + year old charge off Target TD

tag
Creditrecipe
New Contributor

5 + year old charge off Target TD

Hello all,

I am struggling with this one account that I cannot seem to get removed as far as disputes go. It was initially a $200 charge-off in early 2012 and after they added all of their fees it has doubled. What options do I have to get it removed? Start with a Pfd letter and then GW? I know TD can be stingy so I just wanted to get a few opinions. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 5 + year old charge off Target TD

I have a paid charge-off from Target / TD Bank from 2013 and they wont budge on it

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the charge-off was first repored in early 2012, then the DOFD is likely around mid-2011.

That would result in credit report exclusion of any reported charge-off or collection in mid-2018.

Can you wait for credit report exclusion, or do you need removal of the derog now in order to obtain new credit?

An option to attempt earlier removal might be to contact someone in their upper-management with your PFD offer, and make a request for an exception to any normal non-deletion policy.  Underlings normally are not authorized to grant exceptions to any company policy.

Message 3 of 4
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

I had one of them. For $1800 against a CL of $500 from 2010. I ended up settling for $575-ish, and it was marked as paid in full for less than amount owed. They would not budge on the PFD - they just wouldn't . Luckily it is about to age off of EQ and EX, TU did an EE last month on it..
Also my account was still held by Target, not TD (I guess the CO predated the TD relationship, so Target still had it), even though it showed TD on my CR's
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.