Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 years post BK7

tag
jk26978
Regular Contributor

5 years post BK7

So....does it change anything on the average?  Like credit score increase or anything like that?  I am waiting to pull my report with my free scores on myFico until my cards are paid off again, which won't be more than a month or so.  I filed in August of 2009 and was discharged in December of that year.  My score watch has me at 716 as of May 7th.  I have a feeling that I am going to be stuck around this score for like the next 5 years.  Plus side, my mobile home will be paid off in 2 years.  They said that they cannot report my on time payments since I did not "reconfirm" on it but once is paid off they can report that.  My auto loan will be paid off in 2 to 2-1/2 years unless we pay off early.  I want to make regular payments on it for at least another year for the good history of it.

Guess I am just feeling discouraged at this point

Thanks for listening

K

Starting Score: 650 Current Score: EQ:674 (SW Alert 12-28-15) - TU: 698 (5/27/13 SW)Chapter 7 filed 8/2009 - Discharged 12/2009 Goal Score: 750
Joined the garden again 12/5/13
In the garden again till at least 6/1/16

http:
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 5 years post BK7

@jk26978 wrote:

So....does it change anything on the average?  Like credit score increase or anything like that?  I am waiting to pull my report with my free scores on myFico until my cards are paid off again, which won't be more than a month or so.  I filed in August of 2009 and was discharged in December of that year.  My score watch has me at 716 as of May 7th.  I have a feeling that I am going to be stuck around this score for like the next 5 years.  Plus side, my mobile home will be paid off in 2 years.  They said that they cannot report my on time payments since I did not "reconfirm" on it but once is paid off they can report that.  My auto loan will be paid off in 2 to 2-1/2 years unless we pay off early.  I want to make regular payments on it for at least another year for the good history of it.

Guess I am just feeling discouraged at this point

Thanks for listening

K

A BK hitting 5 yr mark is not a reason to increase ones score as it is not included in AAoA. The mobile home loan is reporting correctly as it was discharged by the BK, if for some reason you had to walk away from it you could not be hit with a FC. The best thing you can do is continue working on any baddies you have and keep your revolving balances in check, you dont want them all at 0, you want to let 1 report 1-9% of its CL to maximize your FICO, all at 0 scores at around 30% overall util. I will tell you the BK is going to keep your FICO range bound the entire time it is on  file as you are bucketed in with others who have PRs on their report. You can get a pretty good idea of how it is hitting you from my current siggy. I have a 9.25 yr old dismissed BK-7 reporting on TU only, you can clearly see the difference is bureau FICOs because of it. I have been range bound on TU for several years now (712-723) no matter what I do. You cant do anything about it at the moment so dont sweat it! Good luck in the rest of your journey Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
jk26978
Regular Contributor

Re: 5 years post BK7

Thanks!!

I would guess that I really don't have any other baddies except for the BK and the judgement that went along side of it.

Just making all payments on time and just keep plugging along.  I don't really know of any magical things I can do.

My lender says that with my history that my scores are good for where I am currently.  This time last year he told me that I should be able to get a "good" credit card and would be able to close some of my others "if" I wanted to.  The only ones that I think I would close would be 2 Capital Ones ($305.00 & $700.00) especially since the increased my other Capital One from $1500.00 to $3000.00 earlier this year. - I was shocked on that one.

I do have a Discover IT card that went from 1500 to 1700 earlier this year and was finally approved for a WalMart CC (store version) last November for $800.00 and it was increased to $1000.00 earlier this year as well.

Only other one that I will probably close would be the Peebles card.....used to love shopping there but the one that they recently opened in my actual area is rather disappointing with merchandise

Again - Thanks for replying  gdale6

Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 650 Current Score: EQ:674 (SW Alert 12-28-15) - TU: 698 (5/27/13 SW)Chapter 7 filed 8/2009 - Discharged 12/2009 Goal Score: 750
Joined the garden again 12/5/13
In the garden again till at least 6/1/16

http:
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.