cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50 PT FICO SCORE JUMP..SO EXCITED BUT HUH?

tag
bella1013
Contributor

50 PT FICO SCORE JUMP..SO EXCITED BUT HUH?

I just checked my fico score and my score jumped 50 pts! Yay!  So I check to see what caused the jump and I'm very confused.  I have a charged off account from Community Bank/VS and they updated the high credit limit from 950 to 1250.  That gave me 50 pts?  It's a charged off account.  So confused by very happy!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: 50 PT FICO SCORE JUMP..SO EXCITED BUT HUH?

Message 2 of 14
bella1013
Contributor

Yes.  It was paid in full and reported paid in full months ago.  The only thing that was updated was the credit limit.  So confused!

Message 3 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, where are you buying your before-score and your after-score.

Message 5 of 14
bella1013
Contributor

I checked it and it says Charged Off Closed Account.  And MyFico Score Watch.

Message 6 of 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Is there a balance reporting?

Message 7 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 8 of 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, since it is paid in full, and assuming it was listed as "paid in full" prior to the 50 pt change, then you can rule out the high limit change as a source of the point spread. The only time FICO will factor in the high balance is if there's a balance reporting. Once the balance hits $0, then FICO will forever remove it from util (which was my theory on the score change). 

OP, I'd pull EQ from somewhere. SW alerts only provide a net score change. There could be a dozen other things happening on your EQ report like changes to util or a dropped baddie.

Message 9 of 14
bella1013
Contributor

Its a 0 balance and has been so that wasn't it either. I checked my Equifax report and I didn't notice anything unless I missed it. If I find out, I'll post. Thanks for your feedback !!
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.