cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50 Student Loan Lates Removal success!

tag
Seangar
New Contributor

Re: 50 Student Loan Lates Removal success!

All the lates (50+) were my orginal loans through the Department of Education. They have since been consolidated via Great Lakes. But these old DoE tradelines were still on my credit report. I didn't have much hope after reading all the threads on here, but thought I'd give it a shot anyway. I'm not sure if the DoE just doesn't care anymore since the loans were sold to Great Lakes, but regardless I'll take it. 

Message 11 of 24
pisspoorcredit
New Contributor

That is the BOMB!!! Pls keep us updated on the other 2 CRA's. I'm wondering if this also will for for me. I'm going thru a rehab with copany that my loans were sold to. So once I complete they are going to remove the lates. So this may work with the ONE Dept of Ed tradeline I have...hmmmm

Starting Score: 503
Current Score: 510
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 24
pisspoorcredit
New Contributor

WOW. Wanna share what you said in the dispute letter?

Starting Score: 503
Current Score: 510
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 24
sisyphuswins
Contributor

This is inspiring!! Congratulations.    I've got a bunch of lates only on my TU for my old student loans before they were sold.   Mostly from the period where I was applying for a forbearance and it took a while for approval.  They're very very old, so I'm going to give this a try and see if they come off.   

Starting Score (6/30/14): Credit Karma 619; Quizzle 656
Current Score (4/3/2015): TU 741; EQ 718; EX 671; FICO 8 Bankcard 730
Goal Score: 800 (aim high!!)

Message 14 of 24
Seangar
New Contributor

UPDATE:

All of my Student Loan lates have been removed from all CRA. That's over 50+ lates per report Smiley Happy

Got a really nice score bump. Moving on to my civil judgements next!

Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

where r u located? when did you do this?

Message 16 of 24
jacksont1981
Frequent Contributor

Just wanted to chime in as well and let everyone know that my student loans were deleted as well from Transunion and Equifax. The collections stayed but it states paid and closed collection account. The original loans that DOE had on there with all the lates etc was deleted. The collections never showed up on Transunion thank god so all my student loans are gone completely from Transunion. Didn't get as big of a boost as I thought but I got other crap on there so...Still waiting on Experian to delete the loans with the lates on them
Started 6/2014 EX 594 EQ 617 TU 580 FICO's Goal is 740's and up
Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah...how big of a jump did you see in your fico scores?  I have some late student loan payments from 2009-2010...they are scheduled to delete in 2016....just not sure it is really worth disputing as MYfico does not show these as negative indicators in my scoring(no red flags).   What do you guys think?  would I see a score bump if these were corrected?

Message 18 of 24
Seangar
New Contributor

It doesnt really matter where you're located, but these were all Direct Student loans that were automatically transfered to Great Lakes after the DOE stopped handling them (this may be why I was able to get them removed, not sure).

As far as how big of a boost I saw...it ranged from about 50-60 points between all 3 CRA (fako scores). I was an extreme case though, like I said I have 50 lates per credit bureau (5 lates each on 10 seperate student loans).

Message 19 of 24
Warrior2000
Regular Contributor

Wow!!!
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.