cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50pt Bump From EQ and 34pt Bump From TU!! *EDIT* Just got a 36pt bump from EX!!! (today)

tag
kjel
Established Contributor

Re: 50pt Bump From EQ and 34pt Bump From TU!! *EDIT* Just got a 36pt bump from EX!!! (today)

Congrats on the bump. I'd wait on applying for anything new at the moment. Garden the two cards that you have carefully while working to clear up the rest of the derogatory information on your report. Aim for paying down your CapOne so you aren't using more than 10% of the credit limit and focus on paying all your bills on time.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 50pt Bump From EQ and 34pt Bump From TU!! *EDIT* Just got a 36pt bump from EX!!! (today)

Thanks!!

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just received another 30pt bump from TU...I want more!!

On another note, why did my Credit Karma decrease from 594 to 563? lol

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 50pt Bump From EQ and 35pt Bump From TU!!

Congrats!!!!! What caused the bumps?

Message 14 of 22
kjel
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just received another 30pt bump from TU...I want more!!

On another note, why did my Credit Karma decrease from 594 to 563? lol

It's schizophrenic. Don't worry about CK's score since it is a FAKO, it is useful as a monitoring tool though.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fraudulent tax lien was removed although I dont even think thats been the cause.  updated PIF CO and a balance decrease from a Cap One card.  Im currently at a $2200 balance on my $3k cap one, but it was already reported at $2500. 

Sad thing, I just tried my hand at the NFCU Cash Rewards and was declined.  I know it was a risk, but Ive been seeing member get approved with scores in the mid 500s, so I figured I had a shot since I was in the 600s.  Im going to appeal once I get the letter in the mail.  ACtually I am going to call them and appeal in a second.

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok wait a minute.  I checked Experian.com and my score is lower; its 591.  What the hell is going on?

Now Im really confused, I got my updated EX report and that shows my score Experian Plus score as 641!!

Someone please help.

Message 17 of 22
taxi818
Super Contributor

You need to stop looking at those scores their. They are useless. Plus scores. Vantage scores. And transrisk scores. Only for educational purposes. Not used by lenders. Save yourself rejection and some hard pulls. Go by fico scores. When applying for things.
Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK and just out of curiosity I went and looked on equifax.com and my scores are terrible and still in the 500s. So is MyFICO the only accurate place to look and the only place lenders check?
Message 19 of 22
taxi818
Super Contributor

Yes. If you look at all the bureau sites. In fine print. It will say for educational purposes only. Scores not used by lenders. So if you want real scores. ThiS is only place. At myfico. They do have 3 credit monitoring account here. It's 1995 per month. But you get all 3 scores. Real scores. Transunion Equifax. And experian. It updates several times per month. Save your money and cancel those others. And just pay here. I did. Like most everyone else here. We are all in same boat as wanting better for our credit. Some stronger than others. All willing to help.
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.