Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

515 Equifax FICO Score.. What to do?

tag
jfkg28
Established Member

515 Equifax FICO Score.. What to do?

I need a 650 FICO score for transunion by spring... I am at a 515 with equifax... thought I was a little higher but realixed it was my FAKO score.. I subscribed to this website and got my results. I have 1 installment loan and 1 old utility bill that I paid off last friday... waiting for those to hit my credit and update.. hopefully that will add to my score... currently paying everything else on time for the past 5 months but none of that reports to credit... like rent and utilities... applied for a few store cards and was denied... applied for 2 BOA and Capital One secured credit cards.. was approved at $300 and $200 deposit/credit line ... what else can i do?

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: 576
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 515 Equifax FICO Score.. What to do?

You're mix is fine and wouldn't add any more credit for now. I'd focus on your baddies.

Message 2 of 6
trying_to_B_good
Contributor

@llecs wrote:

You're mix is fine and wouldn't add any more credit for now. I'd focus on your baddies.

AGREED! I would work those cards, like there was no tommorrow! And pay old debt....you don't want those following you around forever. PIF each month leave around 4-8% reporting on one though. Do you have a mortgage or car loan? What is you AAoA?

AUBURN

Message 3 of 6
jfkg28
Established Member

I have no mortage.... i only applied for the cards but havent paid for them yet... my AAoA if I calcualted it correctly is 53 months.. i took absolutely every account on my TL and added the months and devided by the amount of accounts... i did this for bads/goods/store cards/installment loans/.... absolutely everything was calculated into that so i hope i did it correctly.... I have NO car but did just pay off my car loan last month which was 90 days behind

Message 4 of 6
jfkg28
Established Member

I can post my history or anything else... basically I'm looking for guidance on getting a 650 to buy motorcycle by spring... then 750 to buy a house in 2015... if thats realistic

Message 5 of 6
jfkg28
Established Member

I heard leaving 20-30% on the CC was best for my credit... basically i just want to use them to pay utilitie or phone bills to build my credit... if 4-8% is best then ill use that
@trying_to_B_good wrote:

@llecs wrote:

AGREED! I would work those cards, like there was no tommorrow! And pay old debt....you don't want those following you around forever. PIF each month leave around 4-8% reporting on one though. Do you have a mortgage or car loan? What is you AAoA?

AUBURN

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.