Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

521 TU Credit Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

521 TU Credit Score

My TU credit score is 521. I have pretty much paid all of my old debts off. However, I have a CCS/First National Bank that I have paid in full in 10-09. But it is showing up on my credit report as a charge-off. What steps should I take to get the "charge off" removed from my credit score? It really looks like I didn't pay it. It has $0 balance, but it is still misleading.

I am trying buy my first home in March 10. I need at least 100 point score increase. Any suggestions about how I can obtain this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: 521 TU Credit Score

Greetings & welcome to the forums!

Couple questions for you to start...  Do you have all 3 of your credit reports??  You are allowed by law to one free, from each of the 3, once every 12 months.  I have a link to the free reports in my signature line.  GET THOSE.  You need to know what is on all 3.

Also....where is your TU score from?  If you bought it off the TU site, it is not a FICO score.  It's a FAKO & means nothing.  I also have a link to where you can get your FICO's in my sig.  You cannot purchase an EX fico any more.  Tey don't sell it to us & you have to get that from a loan officer.  If you get your fico's here, on myFICO, do a google search for the fico discount codes.  You can usually get the TU & the EQ scores for around $11 each.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recived my TU score from my Fico Yes, I do have all of  3 my credit reports.
Message 3 of 4
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

The fastest way to increase your score is to pay down your CC balances. Is your CC balances paid down?    

Applying for a mortgage  they use your middle credit score.   Do you know your other 2 scores?

Your CO, does it not says Paid/CO?.............That's what is listed on my CR, for my CO.

What is the Date of Removal for this CO?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.