Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

539 FICO score help.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

539 FICO score help.

I am in the last 10 months of a chap 13 and my credit is terrible. I have several small collections that didnt get in the bancruptcy which I know I can pay along with some late payments. We currently have no balances other than those collections. My wife and I want to fix this mess but don't know what our best actions are to begin building our credit. Everything on our reports are legit should I still try to dispute these items? Should we get a secured cc? Should I send letters asking for them to remove late pays? Please help.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jandj80
Regular Contributor

Re: 539 FICO score help.

Offer PFD on the open collections with a balance, you can sometimes offer less than you owe to start, and go up from there. Dispute anything that is inaccurate. You can also GW anyone that is reporting a late payment. You may have to try all of these methods repeatedly. 

Open a secured card as soon as you can. You need a positive TL reporting. Can you get added as an authorized user on someones account? That also helps. Once you have 6 months reporting, check your scores. Once you get a boost, you can try apping for an unsecured account. Google who gave me credit and see what scores you need for certain creditors and you can play with it to see what works best for you. 

Good luck and welcome! 

Starting Score: EQ 416 TU 498 EX 468 Lender Fico's July 2012
Current Score: EQ 674 TU 679 Ex 686 EX
Goal Score: For now: 640s

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 539 FICO score help.

You would only dispute something that was not accurate.  That would not be my first course of action.  PFDs for what's not paid and GWs for those lates would be the first steps.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.