Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

54 point increase

tag
Celle31
New Contributor

54 point increase

587 to 632 (WOW)

Paid a collection account in full with OC, no CA involved. The OC said they would report PIF, no balance. (BUMMER)

The OC didn't report the acct as PIF, they did even better. They reported the acct as paid as agreed, no balance, no past due, closed at consumers request. (WHAT!!)

Now this 1 acct was my only revoving acct with a balance, so it was showing 100% utilization of revolving acct. It also was a 60+ day late.

So when it changed from collection to paid as agreed, it took off my only 60+ days late, and i showed a current credit card payment, and my score went up 54 points.

I still have 2 collections on my CR. Just disputed 1 of them because it was a duplicate that should have bben removed and will use a PFD with the other. Hopefully will be off by the end of April. I've sent out 7 GW letter (hopefully at least 1 will pay off), and that's it. Can't wait to see the new score when the collections fall off.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Re: 54 point increase

Congrats!!

Message 2 of 18
Onwards
Established Member

Congratulations! That's so inspiring for the rest of us. Well done!

Message 3 of 18
Celle31
New Contributor

Thanks
Message 4 of 18
ScoreBooster
Frequent Contributor

@Celle31 wrote:

587 to 632 (WOW)

Paid a collection account in full with OC, no CA involved. The OC said they would report PIF, no balance. (BUMMER)

The OC didn't report the acct as PIF, they did even better. They reported the acct as paid as agreed, no balance, no past due, closed at consumers request. (WHAT!!)

Now this 1 acct was my only revoving acct with a balance, so it was showing 100% utilization of revolving acct.

Congrats!

Was this your only CC or CC with a balance?

In case you have a different CC-account, have them report a balance of less than 9%. That earns you another increase. If not, obtain a new CC.

Message 5 of 18
Celle31
New Contributor

Yes, this was my only revolving acct. Scorewatch is showing that no revolving activity is hurting me, so i applied for a public savings card with a $200.00 balance.

Message 6 of 18
JasonBourneOfCredit
Frequent Contributor

Mine just went up 52 points overnight too! Double high five!

lol I talked to a collection agnecy CEO and explained my story and he deleted it. Soo HAPPY!!! I now have GOOD CREDIT! OMG

Message 7 of 18
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Celle31,

I noticed you seem to be having some trouble posting. It is possible to edit your own post if you have posted an incomplete message. To edit your post, go to the post. To the right you'll see "Options." Click on "Options" and select "Edit Message" from the drop-down menu. If you have accidentally posted a duplicate message, you can use the “Report Abuse to a Moderator” link to ask the moderation team to remove one for you. To find this link, go to the duplicate post, click on "Options," then select "Report Abuse to a Moderator" from the drop-down menu. If you need any help with anything, let me know.

--Marinevietvet, myFICO moderator

Message 8 of 18
Celle31
New Contributor

i type my post in but when i click send it doesn't want to show the text

Message 9 of 18
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Wow!!! Congrats! Way to go!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.