cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

!!! 58 PT BUZZ...I MEAN BUMP! CAP1 CAVED!!

tag
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

!!! 58 PT BUZZ...I MEAN BUMP! CAP1 CAVED!!

I have been withholding information because I wanted to see it thru but CapOne caved.  I had the printed transcript of the chat conversation where the associate said that he would remove the single 30 day late I had.  The phone associate shot me down so I emailed the conversation to the fake CEO email.  The same nice girl called me the VERY NEXT MORNING....and said she would investigate it.  She asked if there was anything else she could do for me and I asked her for another CLI from $500 to $1k.  She said she would check it out and get back to me.

Two days later I noticed my CL increase on my online acct page and then early last week she said that that their associate did not have the ability to promise such a thing , however he did say that, and they decided that it was the right thing to do would be to delete the late mark.  She also empathized that this was NOT a GW gesture but a good business decision.......and I agreed!

I just checked my credit report with www.eliminateidtheft.com because I knew Cap1 reports on the 11th and Experian not only showed the CapOne gone but also a SunTrust single late was also gone and voila 58 point increase albeit FAKO.  I'll wait a few more days until I see them gone from TU and EX show it gone and I'll check my real scores.  Or I'll wait and if SW doesn't send me an alert I will drop them like a hot potato!

So I finally get a worthy bump!!  Oh yeahhhhhhh baby Daddy likes that!!!

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
SpeeDj
Regular Contributor

Re: !!! 58 PT BUZZ...I MEAN BUMP! CAP1 CAVED!!

Congrats, I'm in the same boat. Out of curiosity how long did you wait before going the CEO route? I was going to give them benefit of the doubt before I tried that route, especially given I just went the CEO route for my cli... any input is much appreciated and congratulations again!

JP

TU:552 | EQ:561 | EX:567 | Starting Score [LP from 08]
TU:693 | EQ:682 | EX:700 | Current Score [11.21.13]
[720 Overall] Goal Score - The grass is greener in the garden! (Amex made me fall out... since 12.13)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

3 emails to the fake CEO email address (google Capital One CEO email address). GRACIOUSLY DENIED. 1 letter to the address on my credit report.  RUBBER STAMP DENIED. 1 chat session on Cap1's own website.  ACCEPTED!  Two weeks later recieved a letter overriding said chat session.  DENIED!  Called phone number on denial letter. DENIED.  Emailed transcript of said chat session to aforementioned fake CEO email address resulting in the doubling of my CLI and ACCEPTED REQUEST TO DELETE!!

To be honest I felt somewhat guilty.  They did give me a CC with a low score of 584 and subsequently also gave me 2 CLIs within 3 months of each other.  But that deletion and the aging off of a TL with one 30 day late gave me a sweeeeeeeeet buzz....I mean bump!  I'm sure my guilt will subside after a short while.  Wait for it............wait for it....... Ok I'm good!

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 3 of 8
SpeeDj
Regular Contributor

My lates were four years ago due to divorce and unforeseen circumstances. The chat I had online they said they could remove them so I'll just wait and see then.

JP

TU:552 | EQ:561 | EX:567 | Starting Score [LP from 08]
TU:693 | EQ:682 | EX:700 | Current Score [11.21.13]
[720 Overall] Goal Score - The grass is greener in the garden! (Amex made me fall out... since 12.13)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 8
mnosal9
Regular Contributor

lmao dont feel guilty, Congrats on your score bump Smiley Happy!!

Starting: 6/2012 : EX: 485(FAKO) EQ: 490(FICO) Trans: 482(FAKO)
Current : 4/2014: EX: 650(FICO) EQ: 664 (FICO) Trans: 681 (FICO)

Cards: NPSL Amex Green (AU), $11500 Discover IT, $4000 Quicksilver One, $3500 Bank of America Travel Rewards,$3000 Amex BCE,$3000 Quicksilver One, $3000 AA, $2500 Sallie Mae MC, $5000 Citibank AA, $1500 Barclay, $1200 Macys
~Back to the Garden~

Goal Score: 700 Across!

Gardening til 8/2014!!
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke with Capital One yesterday.  Did two online chats (one nice but denied every request and the other said they could file a dispute for me to remove lates), and called the customer service rep.  When I asked for GW adjustment of lates she gave the "we cannot change accurate information" so I told her what the online representative said.  She immediately changed her tune and said that she would email the dispute team to investigate and contact the credit bureau.  This could lead to a huge benefit for me or nothing.  I hope they follow through, but who knows?

Message 6 of 8
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I spoke with Capital One yesterday.  Did two online chats (one nice but denied every request and the other said they could file a dispute for me to remove lates), and called the customer service rep.  When I asked for GW adjustment of lates she gave the "we cannot change accurate information" so I told her what the online representative said.  She immediately changed her tune and said that she would email the dispute team to investigate and contact the credit bureau.  This could lead to a huge benefit for me or nothing.  I hope they follow through, but who knows?

Good luck!

And congrats to the OP!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 7 of 8
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.