Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

592 and waiting please help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

592 and waiting please help!

I have 7 accounts that all show the first late from 11/03 to 01/04.  I also have a recent charge off for a co-signed car, which did not change my score at all.  I have 1 CC with 9000 limit and 4200 bal.  My question is should I spend my time on these 7 accounts or would paying down my CC benefit me more?  I want to get my score above 620- it is now 592.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: 592 and waiting please help!

The accounts are they CO's or CA's? How recent is the CO for the auto loan?

What is the total amount of the 7 accts? do you have some or all the money to pay for these?

Paying down the CC will help your score, the more you pay it down the better your score will be.

Do you have any lates on this CC? If so, when?

Are you looking for a house loan?  If yes, how soon?

I would suggest reading the stickys at the top of the boards. Check out Credit Scoring 101 just the 1st post is ok.

Other reading info, Click on the blue tab above Education.....wonderful info there

Sorry for all the questions. OH and Welcome to the forums Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 592 and waiting please help!

The accounts are 3 CO from old CC's , 4 CA's  2 of those from the CO and 1 paid when I found out about the bill but it had already gone to CA, the other I have disputed and to no avail-it is not paid.  THe car CO was Dec 09 but it did not change my score at all?  My one and only CC has never been late.  I am looking to get my score up to buy a new car or possible a home within the next 6 months.  The CO and 2 of the CA should be falling off in less than a year. 

THanks

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.