Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$5K CO DISAPPEARS 3YRS 5 MONTH EARLY

tag
JadaBump
Established Member

Re: $5K CO DISAPPEARS 3YRS 5 MONTH EARLY

@RobertEG wrote:

If the debt is still unpaid, a likely scenario is that they sold the debt, and then simply decided to delete their reporting to clear their need to address any future credit reporting issues on the old account.

Someone still owns the debt, and may report their collection on the debt.

Something about that doesn't make sense being that I've contacted the OC three times in the last 7 months, last contact being 3wks ago offering to settle the debt and get TL info revised. Why turn down my offers t sell to outside CA for pennys, Much less then they would have gotten from me doesn't make since.

IN THE GARDEN 4/30/14 TIL 4/30/16
STARTING FICO SCORES 5/13/13 EQ 449, TU 438, EX ?
FICO SCORES 4/18/14 EQ 753, TU 726, EX 770
Message 11 of 19
JadaBump
Established Member

@babyeyes00 wrote:

That's awesome!  Congrats Smiley Happy

Thx Baby

Message 12 of 19
imovinup
Regular Contributor

congrats, i have at one time 27 collections now i have 1 and many times ive seen collections dissapper from one CA then show up a few months later by a new CA if it wasnt paid. Some CA sell debt they cany collect. But congrats for you YMMV

Starting Score: 5/30/13 TU 630; EQ618: EX PLUS639
Current Score: 4/2/15 TU 661; EQ 617; ; EX FICO 631
Goal Score: 700

Message 13 of 19
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Super, duper congrats to you!!
Message 14 of 19
JadaBump
Established Member

Thx, Kenny and Moving

Message 15 of 19
elim
Senior Contributor

wow! great jump in ONE day! that should keep you happy for awhile   :]

Message 16 of 19
JadaBump
Established Member

@elim wrote:

wow! great jump in ONE day! that should keep you happy for awhile   :]

Thank You It surely is.

Message 17 of 19
polno1234
Contributor

@JadaBump wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

If the debt is still unpaid, a likely scenario is that they sold the debt, and then simply decided to delete their reporting to clear their need to address any future credit reporting issues on the old account.

Something about that doesn't make sense being that I've contacted the OC three times in the last 7 months, last contact being 3wks ago offering to settle the debt and get TL info revised. Why turn down my offers t sell to outside CA for pennys, Much less then they would have gotten from me doesn't make since.

it makes perfect sense to me. the oc already "charged off" the owed money. they filed an insurance claim, recieved the payment for it, and placed your file in the purgotorial "debt to be sold folder". where it has been sitting awaiting a jdb to buy. so while you where making all those calls they where just nodding, giving info, and staring at the pc screen while it flashes " DO NOT NEGOTIATE DEBT IS BEING SOLD". 5k is quite abit and i doubt it has just " dissapeared". personally i would be waiting for it to rear its ugly head again in the near future. grats if it has

Current MERRICK SECURED-$200 EMBLEM MC-$250 EXPRESS NEXT-$350
In the garden till 10/9/14
Fico 8 start 02/15/13 488
Current TU Fico 8 641, EX 734 EQ 740
Goal 650 by 02/15/15
Message 18 of 19
JadaBump
Established Member

@Smiley LOLpolno1234 wrote:

@JadaBump wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

it makes perfect sense to me. the oc already "charged off" the owed money. they filed an insurance claim, recieved the payment for it, and placed your file in the purgotorial "debt to be sold folder". where it has been sitting awaiting a jdb to buy. so while you where making all those calls they where just nodding, giving info, and staring at the pc screen while it flashes " DO NOT NEGOTIATE DEBT IS BEING SOLD". 5k is quite abit and i doubt it has just " dissapeared". personally i would be waiting for it to rear its ugly head again in the near future. grats if it has

Well no matter , it's past SOL in my state. Even if it does resurface it changes nothing I've done before if vanished or after. My joy can't be taken away  Smiley LOL gota luv it. Squeaky clean it is 

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.