Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 Accounts Deleted From Transunion

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: 6 Accounts Deleted From Transunion

IMHO

FICO sores may be no more or less "accurate" than any other credit score.

The non-FICO scores, derisevly labeled as FAKO's, are not fake, in any manner.

They are derived from different scoring algorithms that may, in fact, be better or worse than the FICO algorithm.  But they are all trade secrets, so no one knows. 

To just cavalierly label a non-FICO score as a "fake" score is a bit unfair.

FICO scores are clearly more important, not because they have been shown to be better, but because they are the scores that most lendors use.

Contact your prospective lendor, and ask them what scores they will use.  Those are the scores that matter, be they FICO of non-FICO.

Message 11 of 13
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Robert, I'm a peer-to-peer lender, and our company uses EX Scorex Plus scores. I can tell you firsthand how bad this FAKO score has done in assessing risk and determining the probability of borrowers repaying their loans. The default rate on the two highest scores (grades) is WAY out of whack.
Message 12 of 13
Cinnnamon
New Contributor

The credit report update takes about 30-45 days to reflect on your credit report as sometimes sooners as it depends on the OC/ or CA as when they submit the updates of payments or information to the 3 CRA's. I seen it sooner within 2 weeks as I have the credit monitoring service and an alert in my email tells me of any changes to my report.

The only place that you can get a myfico score is Myfico, Equifax website ( myfico website has a score monitoring service) that has a score watch, and Transunion (on myfico website - it;s a one time thing) websites. Experian uses the Vantage score system that you can buy for about $5.95 w/o the credit report.  

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.