Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 lates on car loan...

tag
DrivenDoctoress
Valued Member

6 lates on car loan...

Hi there credit repair gurus Smiley Very Happy

I am working on cleaning up my report and I am wondering if it is even worth it to try to GW my lates on my car loan with Nissan. I've had 6 30-day-lates in 4 years (5 happened in the first 2 years [2008-2010], no lates in 2011. and 1 (most recent) occurring six months ago in January. I know these are killing my score. :-(

I feel a little silly trying to GW these due to the frequency and recency... should I try anyhow? Or should I wait unti I pay off the loan in 6 months and then GW?

Thanks for any advice!

Starting Scores July 2012: EQ FICO 645, TU FICO 636, EXP (CCT) 638
Feb 2015 Scores: EQ FICO 758, TU FICO 753, EX 749
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: 6 lates on car loan...

@DrivenDoctoress wrote:

Hi there credit repair gurus Smiley Very Happy

I am working on cleaning up my report and I am wondering if it is even worth it to try to GW my lates on my car loan with Nissan. I've had 6 30-day-lates in 4 years (5 happened in the first 2 years [2008-2010], no lates in 2011. and 1 (most recent) occurring six months ago in January. I know these are killing my score. :-(

I feel a little silly trying to GW these due to the frequency and recency... should I try anyhow? Or should I wait unti I pay off the loan in 6 months and then GW?

Thanks for any advice!

If you are trying to improve your FICO score then I'd certainly give it a try with a GW letter.    What do you have to lose besides the cost of a stamp and a little time ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
DrivenDoctoress
Valued Member

Re: 6 lates on car loan...

True true, I just want to maximize my chances of getting them removed, that's why I thought perhaps putting more positive months between now and then before asking could help. Or maybe see if anything else might be motivating to them, like offering to pay off the rest of the loan sooner or some other tactic. (But I guess they wouldn't want that...)

Just curious about how to improve my odds. Smiley Happy

Starting Scores July 2012: EQ FICO 645, TU FICO 636, EXP (CCT) 638
Feb 2015 Scores: EQ FICO 758, TU FICO 753, EX 749
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.