Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60-90 DAYS!???

tag
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

60-90 DAYS!???

Hello All

Today I paid a collection account with Capital One WITH Capital One. The rep said it'll take 60-90 days for the credit bureaus to properly report it.

What's your experience with reporting on the bureaus?
Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
itswink
New Contributor

Re: 60-90 DAYS!???

I had capital one agree recently to remove four accounts from my reports. They were all gone within 2 weeks.

Message 2 of 7
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

How'd you do that? Who did you contact? I asked for PFD but of course he said no. I did PIF.

Message 3 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you chose to pay the OC with a collection reporting, then the OC can only agree to deletion of their own reporting, not that of the debt collector.

Are you referring to potential deletion of a reported collection, or of reporting of derogs by the OC?

Message 4 of 7
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

If you chose to pay the OC with a collection reporting, then the OC can only agree to deletion of their own reporting, not that of the debt collector.

Are you referring to potential deletion of a reported collection, or of reporting of derogs by the OC?

Is this for me? If it is, I'm confused. I paid (in full) the collection with Capital One. The derogatory reporting should cease. Right? 

Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Yes, once the debt is paid, then any updates will cease.

However, payment of the debt is not basis for requring the debt collector to then delete their collection.

They must update the balance to $0 and close the collection.

Thus, my question is what you are expecting to be reported to the CRA.

If the creditor is reporting, then their reporting will relate only update of their account to show paid, $0 balance.

The debt collector must separately update their own reporting, which can be delayed based on how long before the creditor notifiies them that the debt has been paid, and then the debt collector makes their next regular monthly reporitng.

Message 6 of 7
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

I'm expecting it to be updated to $0 and negative reporting stopped. I understand all the other delete stuff.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.