cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60 Point Increase!!!

tag
Jesse30

Re: 60 Point Increase!!!

I asked that question and they did tell me that they will get your score from all three, but for some reason I let myself belive that two of those scores would come from myfico

Message 11 of 14
mauve
Valued Contributor

The CRA's own scores are not necessarily lower - they're on different scales and they have different items that they score.  There isn't a 1-1 correlation, like if Vantage is x, then FICO is x+30 or anything of that nature.  They use different data, like, FICO won't penalize you for not having a mortgage while a FAKO might.  If it were that simple, we wouldn't have to worry about getting actual FICOs and CMSs would be more valuable, since you could directly calculate your scores. 

Jesse30 wrote:

I actually used to mortgage companies to see which one would be the best and they both pulled my score directly from each credit bureau site and sent me copies off my reports, this morning I went to each site and the scores are what they told me. I was really hurt by that, because alot of people, and myfico reports that lenders use these fico scores, apparently not, because they are different and much lower.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since reading your post I checked my scores on the actual sites....TU 724 EX 638 EQ 610, now these sites seem in my situation pretty generous with point compared to myfico!!!  Wow I guess it just depends!!  How frustrating!!!

Message 13 of 14
mauve
Valued Contributor

The *ONLY* CRA that sells a FICO is Equifax.  They have it in their own ScoreWatch product, and I don't think they have it in any of their others.  The advantage to checking your EQ score is that you'll get the same score here as from EQ's SW as from a lender. 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.