Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

601 to 650 - How long?****UPDATE****

tag
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

601 to 650 - How long?****UPDATE****

So I finally made it into te 600s on one CRA and that was coming from a score of 521 six weeks ago.  I couldn't have done it without obsessively reading about everythingrelated to rebuilding on the forums....so thank you all!

When I started I had one judgment reporting on all three CRAs, that has since gone away....my ex paid the legal fees for our divorce, how big of him lol.

Now what I have remaining are two collections - one medical for less than $200, as soon as I get a PFD signed back from them I plan on paying, and the other collection is so far beyond SOL, and according to the CA CRTP it will drop off as of December 2014 Smiley Happy  Happy Dance!  It is an obsoletedebt that I have complaints in all over the place, CFPB, BBB, and my states AG.

The other baddies are 3 charge offs Smiley Sad  I'm sending GW emails, letters, full out GW campaign one letter twice a month....I'm going to break them

down with kindness.

Is it realistic for me to think that I could get to 650 from 601 in another six weeks?  Considering I came up from 521?  I have 4 credit cards as in siggy, I'm using them, paying 90% of the balance before the statement cuts, letting the remaining 10% balance carry over and then paying it afterthe new statement generates.

Should I get more cards with larger CLs, my fiance has no problem adding me...but I don't know if this would make a difference at this point?  

Should I get accounts on my own not AU based?  Should I just garden till December when the final collection falls off?  I forgot to add that I do have two installment loans in good standing paying without fail.

Your advice is appreciated.  

Starting: TU:515, EX:521, EQ:528
Current: TU:700 EX:706 EQ:674
FICO Goal: 725
Cap1 Venture $11,000AU, First Progress $500, Cap1 QS $1750, FH$600, Open Sky $300, Cap1 $500, BestBuy $1500 Target $1800
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: 601 to 650 - How long?

Im not gonna say it is not possible. the best way is if one of those baddies came off. then for sure. because they are surpressing your score.

6 weeks. hmmmm. not sure. but. if you could get your utilization down to 1 percent.   i really mean 1 percent. not 9. but 1. it would help for sure. i think i would just pick 1 of those collections and work them over and over. maybe the loweest one. and maybe. good luck.

Message 2 of 12
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

Hopefully all my efforts with my complaints will yield something....because I've complained to everyone.  

I'm going to be the eternal optimist here, and hope that I can get my score upSmiley Happy  I've got nowhere to go but up......or so I hopeSmiley Happy 

Cap1 Venture $11,000AU, First Progress $500, Cap1 QS $1750, FH$600, Open Sky $300, Cap1 $500, BestBuy $1500 Target $1800
Message 3 of 12
dave36021
Regular Contributor

Sine the collection is due to come off Dec 2014 did you try to contact the CRA and see if you can get a early deletion ?

Back In the Garden since 6/5/2016

My Fico Scores: EQ:639 EX:665 TU:651

AU: Comenity/Bealls FL 930; Capital One 300 ;
Message 4 of 12
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

That one particular collection is currently in dispute....it has a magical moving obsolete/fall off my CR timeline.  The CA wrote a response to the CFPB stating that it is scheduled to come off in April 2015, even though they had just updated thier TL after my complaint.  The CA's Sr. Legal counsel staff wrote in response to my complaint, that it was scheduled to fall off in April/May 2015 even though their TL shows otherwise on the old CRs that I kept.  I promptly disputed it again and provded copies of the old CR.  Suffice it to say it is "complicated".  I am asking the CFPB to have it deleted because through the CAs own legal counsel's  admission they can't figure out when it drops.  

Message 5 of 12
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

I've been working so too busy to spend a lot of time on MyFico and my rebuilding process.  

One medical collection was deleted by the provider, it was a billing error on the part of the medical management office that then sent me into collections ....idiots!!!

I have one collection left - Midland which is scheduled to be deleted in December - I'm counting the days!

As of today my scores have increased:  TU 626, EQ 597, and EX 631, since my original post date of 9/15. While EQ is dragging seriously behind and I'm not understanding why except that my file is really thin with them, I'm happy to say that I may just reach (fingers crossed) 650 on the other two.  

I'm so tempted to apply for a new card, but I don't want to risk the hard pull inquiry.  So I'm going to quell that app itch, by writing goodwill letters.  

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 601 to 650 - How long?****UPDATE****

It's so hard not to apply but those hard pulls really drag your points down a lot does anybody know how long it takes to get the pions back up
Message 7 of 12
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

I agree it is very hard not to apply Smiley SadSmiley FrustratedSmiley LOL

I have got to keep focused on where I want to be.  Cleaning up the last couple of baddies....some lates on a student loan that have not dropped off...so I'm goodwilling them to death, and waiting till Midland finally drops off in December....I am hoping that after that I'll get a nice score increase.  

In the meantime just paying off the balances....now this is where it gets wierd.  When my balances are up my scores increase....when I report little to no balances, my scores decrease.  I just don't understand that.  For example on my OpenSky it showed almost 97% of my measly $300 balance as being utilized and I got a huge score increase....when I paid it down to 10% it showed a score decrease.  I really can't figure out how this scoring system works.  

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first day here, how did you get started, with cleaning upu your credit?

Message 9 of 12
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

Welcome to the forum, I hope you will find it as useful as I have.  There are so many great posts that help you figure out what to do.  I would suggest that you familiarize yourself with the frequent acronyms they use....it beomes alphabet soup after a while.  I would also suggest that you read the frequently requested threads....good source of info.

I would first pull your reports you can either go to annualcreditreport.com or get it directly here.  What is great about getting it here at MyFico is that you can get the 3-report version and score watch that helps you track your credit report and alerts you whenever something new is posted.

Go through your credit report with a fine tooth comb, look for anything that should have dropped off based on the 7.5 year FCRA limit.  Most of all read, read, read....and ask questions of the folks at MyFico they are a wonderful resource and have almost seen and done it all when it comes to cleaning up dinged CR....you can avoid shooting yourself in the foot or waking a sleeping giant that has been resting comfortably on your report and is about to fall off.  

I don't have anything solid to suggest, except when you do get your CR you can post all your baddies here and folks will give you advice and steer you in the right direction.  I was about to sign up with a DMP, that would have taken me two and a half years to accomplish and paying their fees to clean up my reports.  Yet something told me to log on to MyFico and from 7/22/14 to this date I have made progress without having to use a CCS or DMP.  I am so very grateful to the MyFico folks.  I'm not at 700 but I'm better than I was back in July....and the best part is it has been all free...minus the CMRR postage....but well worth the expense.

Remember you;ve got Nowhere to go but up Smiley Happy  Also, have lots of paitence....things don' t happen overnight and it may seem like it takes forever, but things turn do around.  

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.