Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

65 point jump... O.M.G.

tag
amanda1266
Valued Member

65 point jump... O.M.G.

Hello, I'm sooooooo excited.. I was battling Verizon last year to remove an account from my report that was showing collection status for a bunch of the months history.  I had zero success and so I gave up on it.  Last month I pulled my reports and again I saw it on there, so I decided to try again.  I called, sent letters, disputed online with the credit bureaus.  I received a score watch notice last night that my score jumped 65 points!!  It was because the Verizon is changed and now it shows the account as a paid collection instead of showing a big red C on all the months.  Wow!  I'm in shock and now my score is over 700!!

Gosh I hope they don't change it back.

Anyway, I'm so excited and just wanted to share!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
imovinup
Regular Contributor

Re: 65 point jump... O.M.G.

Congrats, I have only 1 collection left and IM so discouraged on fighting it even though I  managed to fight 10 others. I guess the last is the hardest. But seeing your jump I may put my boxing gloves back on and fight the baddie. Again super congrats.

Starting Score: 5/30/13 TU 630; EQ618: EX PLUS639
Current Score: 4/2/15 TU 661; EQ 617; ; EX FICO 631
Goal Score: 700

Message 2 of 4
amanda1266
Valued Member

Thanks!  Definately keep fighting it.  I had a lot of baddies when I first started.  Your right about the last one being the hardest.  I've had success with disputing through the credit bureaus.  I've had a couple just disappear from Transunion after a dispute, lol.  Try everything til someone does something!!

Message 3 of 4
goosedog
Regular Contributor

I had 10 deleted in the last month. a hald dozen to go. It's worth it

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.