Oh and bk it's better to dispute by mail then they have READ the letter
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 31 of 48
BKFireFly
Regular Contributor

Re: $6500 credit line!

Hi Las:

Thank for posting this letter, I will also some of these out. I am pretty sure I am responisble for all these inquiries, but still and all.

***Nothing Beats a try but a Fail*** I refuse to fail, success is the only option.
Message 32 of 48
Lasardo
Established Contributor

I mentioned to send as many as you need to, I meant to that particular creditor. Make sure you are alternating disputes regardless if they are inquiries or not. If the credit bureaus see too many disputes coming through they will count them as "frivolous" so make sure to stagger letters between each creditor. I suggest doing two at a time.
Message 33 of 48
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Kind reminder to never advocate or suggest disputing of accuate info. If something is inaccurate or misreporting, then by all means. But if inquiries are yours, then don't dispute; they're yours. It's part of the app process. In the case of OP, the scores are FAKOs ( I presume with the EX score) and inquiries will impact FAKOs for 2 years. But per FICO, inquiry damage is overrated and I'm coming from the perspective of having 30+ each on EQ and EX each at one point in time, and all were less than a year.

And for those that did dispute inquiries, watch out for the FA and the slightly less risk of TL closure.

Message 34 of 48
annielorie
Valued Contributor

And for those that did dispute inquiries, watch out for the FA and the slightly less risk of TL closure. what is TL and FA??

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 35 of 48
Lasardo
Established Contributor

This is in reference to  inquiry's in my credit report  that are from collection agency's.  They should have been soft pulls, NOT hard pulls. 

Message 36 of 48
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Clkhime- 

Can you tell me a little more about your situation? Credit score, when you last applied, denials, what CL were you given...etc ..

Message 37 of 48
BKFireFly
Regular Contributor

When insay the inquires are mine, they are for some TLs that sbould have been a soft pull but in instead it hard. I always ask before I authorize. For instance, webbank has live 7-8 if not more hard pull, and I probably authorized 1-2. That is what I mean disputing inquiries that maybe mine. Citi has hard for CLI I requested rep told me it would be soft.
***Nothing Beats a try but a Fail*** I refuse to fail, success is the only option.
Message 38 of 48
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Certainly any unauthorized inquiry is disputable, but there are steps that could and should be taken first. First off, always assume that credit-related CSRs are 100% wrong. There are 100s of posts in here of creditors promising this or that and the opposite happens. So, if CC XYZ promises it'll be a soft inquiry for a CLI request, then know they are wrong (most usually).  In terms of CA inquiries, there's a debate for both sides. The FCRA is clear that an inquiry is allowed and there's no law anywhere that prohibits a hard inquiry from being placed by a CA. In the opposite view point, those can argue the 9th Circuit ruling. That's a debate for another day. But whether from a promising creditor or a CA a dispute is the last thing you'd ever want to do.

The step to start with is a non-PP letter. These are often effective. If needed you can follow with a complaint to the BBB, FTC, your state, etc. On the flip side as mentioned, you become more prone to FAs, especially on EQ, when inquiries are disputed. There are rare examples in here of the creditor placing the TL in dispute after a dispute is initiated on the inquiry. An assumption is made that if the inquiry isn't yours then therefore the account isn't yours either because you may be a victim of ID theft. I know that's a stretch, but there are examples in here. For CA inquiries, the risk of being collected upon are elevated when an inquiry dispute is made. The CRA will forward your latest contact info to the CA as part of that dispute process. IMO, the less a CA knows, the better.

Message 39 of 48
BKFireFly
Regular Contributor

good morning again

I am fairly new to this'lls so I do have a fe questions about your post what is a non PP- letter? FA? EQ?

I will accept this as a lesson for future as its too late now. I already disputed with Equifax.

Hoping it doesn't bite me in the bum.
Message 40 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.