Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$6500 credit line!

tag
clkhome01
Established Member

Re: $6500 credit line!

wonderful...can u tell me, how long should I wait before applying for another C.C?   Possible a low $500 to $1000.  Thank you and Congrats!

Want to take it Higher!
Message 21 of 48
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Did you just get one? How many do you have this year?
I have found (for myself) that inquires are not quite as damaging as people say unless you have several.. General rule 2-3 a year.
They stay on for 2 years and count against your credit score for 1 year.
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 22 of 48
BKFireFly
Regular Contributor

@Lasardo wrote:
You can dispute inquires just like anything else.

Thanks so much for this info. I just put it to good use, anddisputed quite a few inquiries that should have been soft, or dont recgonize.

Congrats again.

***Nothing Beats a try but a Fail*** I refuse to fail, success is the only option.
Message 23 of 48
VikingsLoyalFan
Valued Member

Fantastic!! It is hard to bounce back, but with hard work and dedication it is possible. I am 10+ months into rebuilding mine. I have come a long way, nothing like you! Keep it up! 

Message 24 of 48
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 25 of 48
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Do you all want the letter I sent to dispute these inquiries?
Message 26 of 48
mahiven
Regular Contributor

Yes!! And who to send them to..

03/19/2011 EQ: 627 EX: 602 TU 590 (lender pull) 07/16/2011 EQ: 646 EX: 629 TU 647 Fell off the wagon in 2012. Starting over in 2013.Current Score: 01/07/2013 EQ: 646 EX: ??? TU 608 Goal Score: 700 club

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 48
BKFireFly
Regular Contributor

I disputed online, but would also a copy of the letter to send to other bureaus.

Thanks so much.

***Nothing Beats a try but a Fail*** I refuse to fail, success is the only option.
Message 28 of 48
Lasardo
Established Contributor

K will take me a minute to type them up so beat with me
Message 29 of 48
Lasardo
Established Contributor

To the credit bureau:
Name
Address
EQ ,TU or EX dispute address (found online)

Dear EX,TU OR EQ,
It is your responsibility to ensure that creditors demonstrate clear permissible purpose in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act before releasing a consumer's credit report.
Demonstrate that the hard inquiry for FIRST PREMIER BANK dated March 2011 met this requirement, pursuant to the Act. My social security number is....

Otherwise, rescind the errant notation immediately.

Sincerely,
Me/you

To the creditor:

Note: attach a copy of the inquiry from your credit report.

Name
Address

Creditor
Address

Your credit inquiry is damaging my credit rating. Provide full documentation regarding the circumstances surrounding your review of my EX,ex or TU credit report, ss #, pursuant to the permissible purpose provisions of the Fair Credit Reporting Act. The inquiry was placed on my consumer credit file on: DATE.

If you can not provide such documentation, you are obligated to remove the offending inquiry at once.

Sincerely,

Me/you

Send as many as you need to or it also helps to just send a good will letter.
For example I had inquiry's from kohls..they would offer me 20% off my bill at the registrar if I provided such info.
"I did not understand the credit process, could you please remove" etc,etc..
Good luck all!
Message 30 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.