Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

667 to 737!!!!!

tag
CC40
Regular Contributor

667 to 737!!!!!

Hello all!  Thank you so much FICO Forum!  Theses boards have helped scoot me right along to achieving my dreams!  I just received a SW alert that my score jumped from 667 to 737.  A week ago I was at 652 (it jumped 14 points in 24 hours because an item was deleted - then jumped 70 points today!)  (Wow!  I am amazed)  Now - I need to know what I need to do to maintain this score.  I got the jump because I paid a BofA Preferred card - $2100 CL - 67% uti down to $169 - 9% uti.  If I maintain the 9% uti - will my score stay in that range?  I am applying for a mortgage - and I need this score.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
jllunas
Contributor

Re: 667 to 737!!!!!

Great job! Congrats! I am working on that same score really want to buy a home next year! 

Transunion 698
Equifax 713
Experian 700
Goal Score 750
HWLBA
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Smiley Happy That's amazing..I'm working on mine still.

Message 3 of 10
p-
Valued Contributor

@CC40 wrote:

Hello all!  Thank you so much FICO Forum!  Theses boards have helped scoot me right along to achieving my dreams!  I just received a SW alert that my score jumped from 667 to 737.  Now - I need to know what I need to do to maintain this score.  I got the jump because I paid a BofA Preferred card - $2100 CL - 67% uti down to $169 - 9% uti.  If I maintain the 9% uti - will my score stay in that range?  I am applying for a mortgage - and I need this score.

Congratulations!  What a difference utilization makes, huh?  I notice swings of 20 to 30 points between 9% and 31% utilization.  I can only imagine how hard they would hit me for 67%.

As long as you don't do anything negative like run up balances, miss payments, or acquire collections, that score should remain up there.  Assuming, that is, that the utilization was your only difference.  You don't have any accounts in dispute, do you?

After your mortgage is closed, down the road, you should ask for a CLI or get a higher limit card.  That way you can use the card without causing such huge swings in your score.  I have almost 20k in revolving credit, but rarely ever post more than 3k in utilization.  I need the 20k because my wife uses one card for work expenses.  this way, she can use it as needed, PIF when she files her expense report, and never go high enough to cause us undue credit trouble.

But whatever you do, don't do anything now that might result in a hard inquiry.  

Message 4 of 10
CC40
Regular Contributor

Re: 667 to 737!!!!! Will I get rebucketed? And what will happen?

Can this day get any better?????? 

I have cried a bucket full!  I just received an email that Sallie Mae is going to delete a 90 day delinquency!!!!  This is a battle I had given up on.  I was told NO so many times we were on a first name basis.  So, here is where I need more advice.  That late was the only thing left on my CR in almost 3 years.  What will that do to my score?  Will I get rebucketed?  Will my score drop if I do?

Message 5 of 10
lecorps4fun
Valued Member

Congrats!  I don't think you will get rebucketed, but then again I'm a newbie.  I noticed in my experience, I'm in a different bucket when a huge change in my report change.  For example:  I had a Public Record removed.

Message 6 of 10
CC40
Regular Contributor

Thanks for your reply!  I have heard so much about this "rebucketing" - I don't understand it - and it scares me that my score is going to drop.  I understand that it is overall a good thing, but at this point in time - I only want an increase in those magic numbers NOT A DECREASE.  An acceptable score is still so new to me that I will whine and have a throw-down-hissie-fit if it DROPS!!!! Smiley Tongue I want to enjoy them . . . before I have to deal with a drop.

Message 7 of 10
doc101
Regular Contributor

I recently found a 90 day late on my credit reports from Sallie Mae. I contacted them and told them my concerns. The CSR informed me that she couldn't  find any record of a late payment, going back 2 years. I was then told to mail a copy of the report to them  and the error would be corrected. It has been a week so I'm hoping I will see some type of improvement soon.

Starting Score:Equifax 543
Current Score:EQ659 TU 716 EXP677 updated 7/3/2016
Goal Score: 700

Message 8 of 10
jamie123
Valued Contributor

AWESOME!!!! Good job!

Yes, you are right, low UTI = HIGH scores.

Good luck on the mortgage!

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 9 of 10
CC40
Regular Contributor

@doc101 wrote:

I recently found a 90 day late on my credit reports from Sallie Mae. I contacted them and told them my concerns. The CSR informed me that she couldn't  find any record of a late payment, going back 2 years. I was then told to mail a copy of the report to them  and the error would be corrected. It has been a week so I'm hoping I will see some type of improvement soon.

Contact the Customer Advocate's Office. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.