Established Member
space10

7 point drop with no reason?

I received a FICO alert on my report on the 1st. I thought it would be an increase since I had been sending out gw letters to remove lates on my account, but instead it dropped 7 points! 

The reasons they state are the following:

This score decrease may be caused by these 4 new reasons:

• You have a serious delinquency (60 days past due or greater) or a derogatory description on your credit report.
  • You have multiple accounts showing missed payments or derogatory descriptions.
  • You’ve recently missed a payment or the date of your most recent missed payment is unknown.
  • You have a short credit history.

I have not had any new late payments that I know of, and since the last time I ran my report my mortgage payments were only reporting until the October payments, so I thought my score would only increase. 

What other reasons could their be? If there was a new collections on my report wouldnt the score watch pick that up? 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+