Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 year repo

tag
slg
New Contributor

Re: 7 year repo

i only disputed it with EQ - do you think the OC would update all of the CRA's or just the one who is disputing?

BCE 12800, bofa travel rewards 8k, Barclays apple 6200, Macy's 2000, Macy's Amex 3200, merrick bank 300 , Victoria secret 1350, jcrew 1350
Message 11 of 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you disputed it through EQ it should only be updated on EQ.  The CRAs don't talk to one another.

On the other hand, the OC could update the others as well.  Not saying they will but they could.

Message 12 of 16
slg
New Contributor

alright, one last question. I am sure they placed this for collection but the CA is not reporting any tradeline on any of my reports nor have they ever. If they all of the sudden try to stick something in there do they still have to go by the 7 year reporting to the CRA's?

BCE 12800, bofa travel rewards 8k, Barclays apple 6200, Macy's 2000, Macy's Amex 3200, merrick bank 300 , Victoria secret 1350, jcrew 1350
Message 13 of 16
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

No, the CRAs dont share normal reporting.  The burden is on the furnisher of the information to correct with each CRA.

If you  dispute with one CRA and the creditor/debt collector resolves that dispute by updating the accuracy of the information, they are required, under FCRA 623(b)(1)(D) to also "report those results to all other consumer reporting agencies to which the person furnished the information."

It is not sufficient to simply correct with the agency handling the dispute.

Message 14 of 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@slg wrote:

alright, one last question. I am sure they placed this for collection but the CA is not reporting any tradeline on any of my reports nor have they ever. If they all of the sudden try to stick something in there do they still have to go by the 7 year reporting to the CRA's?

Yes, they have to follow the same reporting rules.  COs and collections are 7.5 years.

Message 15 of 16
slg
New Contributor

Great, so i am screwed and they are going to report to the other 2 CRA's because they have to unde rthe FCRA? im sooooo kicking myself

@RobertEG wrote:

No, the CRAs dont share normal reporting.  The burden is on the furnisher of the information to correct with each CRA.

If you  dispute with one CRA and the creditor/debt collector resolves that dispute by updating the accuracy of the information, they are required, under FCRA 623(b)(1)(D) to also "report those results to all other consumer reporting agencies to which the person furnished the information."

It is not sufficient to simply correct with the agency handling the dispute.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.