cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

((70+)) or more points increased to my Score! What should I do NEXT??

tag
NWintellectual
Regular Contributor

Re: ((70+)) or more points increased to my Score! What should I do NEXT??

@NOLABelle wrote:

Hi NotFancy, 

What does it mean to rehab student loans? 

It means to make a series of on-time payments (usually 9-12 months) that will in turn take the loans from a default status to current. I had to do this a few years ago (circa 2009-2010).

Starting Score (2/15/14): TU 533 (myFICO) | EQ 509 (myFICO)
Latest score (4/5/14): TU 541 (Lender) | EQ 562 (SW) | EX 576 (myFICO)
Goal Score by 9/30/14: 620+ | Goal Score by 6/30/15: 700+
-----
My wallet:
US Bank LanPass Secured $500 | US Bank HD Secured $300 | Fingerhut $200 | Local CU $1000
Message 11 of 14
NOLABelle
Established Member

Hi NotFancy,

Awesome! A fresh start program! When they are removed from default are the TLs updated to show current payments and the deliquencies removed from your credit report as well? Or does that vary from creditor to creditor?

Message 12 of 14
marketman
Established Member

Usually when you are severly late, with goverment backed student loans. You will get an offer from Sallie Mae or the US Dept. of Ed, in which they will suspend all interest on your account for 9 months, and set you up on payments. At the end of the 9 months all the loans that where placed in the program will be reported current, and the late history will be removed. Secondly the loan will be sold to another bank for the life of the loan. 

Message 13 of 14
NOLABelle
Established Member

Marketman, thanks for the additional details.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.