Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

70 point drop bc of Chrysler!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

70 point drop bc of Chrysler!!

I am so upset!! Last week I posted about a 20 point drop from Experian and I thought it was due to my Macy's account being updated for the DOLA. BUT, I just recieved notification that my TransUnion score dropped 70 points because Chrysler updated my late payments and MOVED them 9 months later. So instead of my last late payment with them being August of 2006, it is now May of 2007!! I am sick to my stomach over this. This account is paid and closed - and has been since 2007. Is there anything I can do??? They did not delete or change my 30-day lates (there are 5 of them) - they literally picked 'em all up and moved them 9 months.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: 70 point drop bc of Chrysler!!

Was this an account that you disputed with the CRA?  Do you have your payment records that reflect this is not accurate?  I would start by contacting Chrysler.  Maybe this was a reporting problem on there part.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did dispute the account a while back because they had an "extra" 30 day late in there... I don't think I have any old records from this though - I'm not sure what to do. I just want it put back the way it was Smiley Sad  I don't know what I would say to them if I contacted them. Especially if this change is actually correct (I honestly don't recall) - they have been reporting the same for years and all of a sudden it changed 9 months!

Message 3 of 7
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Call them and ask them why they changed it.  Ask them to send you a printout of your payment history.  See if you can find your old bank statements.  The worst that its going to happen is it will remain the way it is...best case they will put it back.  This is one of the bad things about disputing old accounts thru the CRA.  Sometimes it is better just to call the lender and discuss it with them to see why they are reporting the way they are.  Then if there is an error you can ask them to send the change to the CRA.  But call Chrysler, at this point you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So assuming things won't change - when will my score jump back up? After May this year then it will have been 2 years since my last late payment with Chrysler (I was SO close to being 3yrs with them... until this).

Message 5 of 7
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

I read on another thread that 1, 2, 4 & 6 years are important anniversary dates.  I would imagine you will see an increase of some sort after the 2 year mark next month.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 6 of 7
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Isn't this a coincidence that they also declared bankruptcy today!  I wonder if there was some oddball glitch with Chrysler #'s across the board!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.