Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

70 point drop on Score Alert, not on Credit Report

tag
Armbar9
Established Member

70 point drop on Score Alert, not on Credit Report

For two months now, I have received a Score Watch Alert and a 70 point drop for an account with La Curacao which I DON'T have. After a week, I receive a second SW Alert and regain the 70 points.

This La Curacao account is not on any of my credit reports and when I call La Curacao, they can't find any account matching my name, DOB or SS#.

How shall I proceed? I can't dispute because it is not on any of my reports. Also, I have another CMS through my CU and it also sent me the alert. 

Any help or shared experience would be greatly appreciated.

-A

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: 70 point drop on Score Alert, not on Credit Report

Since you have the points and it's not showing up I wouldn't even worry about it.
STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 15
Armbar9
Established Member

My concern/question is whether it will affect my goal of purchasing a home in the next few months.

Will this monthly SW drop also show on a bank pulled credit score?

Message 3 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Your score dropped then went right back up.  Is this happening monthly?

Whoever pulls your credit will see what your score is at that time, not what it was when the CA hit.

I would pull directly from the CRAs or annualcreditreport.com if you still can.

Message 4 of 15
Armbar9
Established Member

I checked Equifax today (back door) and there was nothing there. Actually, I have never seen it on any credit reports. I'm at a loss on how to proceed.
Message 5 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

There really isn't anything that can be done unless it actually shows up on your report.

Message 6 of 15
Armbar9
Established Member

UPDATE:

I called MyFico. First guy told me he didn't know why this happened. Put me on hold while he spoke with Supervisor. He came back and told me they were both "perplexed". His suggestion was to pull a MYFICO report to see what changes were made since the last SW.

I don't think anyone wants their Credit Report defined as Perplexing.

I'll update this thread with any results as I go along.

I might pull MyFico and look for changes. I might also call Equifax. I am worried this might end up with the discovery of a Split Credit File.

-A

Message 7 of 15
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Split file is exactly what I was thinking.
Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 15
Armbar9
Established Member

UPDATE:

I called the Equifax Security Department (888) 298-0045. I wasn't on hold long before someone spoke with me.  

CSR took my info and looked at my file. Basically, she told me there wasn't any problem with Equifax, everything seemed fine- No split file.

She said I should talk to Myfico since these alerts are coming from a third party.

So to recap: I have called Myfico, Equifax, La Curacao & I still don't have an explanation or solution.

I was joking to my wife that I pay Myfico a monthly fee to stress me out.  

So here is my question to the forum members. If I could at least get this answered I would be happy:

If this score drop is only on Myfico, but no changes appear on my credit report, is it safe to assume this won't affect a lender pulled score?

Thanks!

Message 9 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I want to say yes.  But there has to be a reason that myFICO Scorewatch is getting those alerts.  The CR here are pulled directly from EQ.  If you get another one I would immediately get a report from EQ and see if there is something there.  Or at least call them.

The whole situation is extremely odd to say the least.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.