Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

70 point drop on Score Alert, not on Credit Report

tag
Armbar9
Established Member

Re: 70 point drop on Score Alert, not on Credit Report

UPDATE:

SW is acting really strange now. The point drops and rebounds are happening every week now. The latest is a 102 point drop for a non-existent Collections which is not mine. Once again, I backdoored Equifax and it is not on my credit report.

What is strange about this new collections is that under the Description column, it is stating I am currently disputing this item. However since it is not on my credit report,  there is no way I could be disputing it. The first reporting date on the alert is from 6 months ago, but this is the first time it has triggered a SW.

I am looking forward to canceling my SW service. I really can't use it, since it is obviously not accurate. 

If nothing else, I am hoping these updates can lend some insight to any other poor souls that find themselves in this situation.

Message 11 of 15
DaBears
Senior Contributor

WOW. That's pretty messed up!!!!

Message 12 of 15
Armbar9
Established Member

Update:

It's almost comical now: 10 hours after dropping 102 points, I just now recieved an alert and the 102 point have been returned to me. 

Message 13 of 15
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

Hmm that is very comical... have u called SW to see whats going on thier end. If i got a 102 point drop or increase i would faint! Usually when i get a increase or decrease

sw tells me y. Did they tell u y?

Message 14 of 15
Armbar9
Established Member

102 point drop:

This score decrease may be caused by these 3 new reasons:

You have a public record or collection in addition to a serious delinquency on your credit report.
You’ve recently missed a payment or the date of your most recent missed payment is unknown.
You have a recent public record or collection on your credit report.

102 point gain:

Your FICO score may have gone up because the following 3 factors are not hurting your FICO score as much as before:

You have a public record or collection in addition to a serious delinquency on your credit report.
You’ve recently missed a payment or the date of your most recent missed payment is unknown.
You have a recent public record or collection on your credit report.

Even more strange was this line after the increase: "Your FICO® score went up on a day when there were no credit alerts on your Equifax Credit Report™. "

When these false alerts started, it really stressed me out. Now, I have come to expect them. I usually get 2 alerts a week.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.