cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

700 Club in 13 months thanks to this forum!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

700 Club in 13 months thanks to this forum!

I started my rebuilding in February of 2015, roughly 13 months ago, with a secured card from US Bank with a $500 deposit.  A few months later, I joined MyFico and discovered this gem of a forum.  Reading literally thousands of posts in this forum, putting in some work getting baddies removed, and sticking with a strategy has resulted in 75-100 point increase.  Finally all 3 CR's are reporting 700+!!!  I've accumulated some good cards now and have reached the point where I'm not embarassed when I need to apply for an apartment, adding my card to the stack to pay for dinner, or worried about deposits for hotels or car rentals when I travel.

THANKS TO ALL THE CONTRIBUTORS!!!  I fully intend to remain active on the board and throw in my two cents when people need help.

I have my first kid coming in two months, and my hope is a couple years from now I'll be over 780+ and can get a great interest rate on a house/condo and car.  Fortunately, my wife's credit is 800+, but I have no desire to rely on her score. How long has people taken generally to go from 700 to 780?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
driftless
Valued Contributor

Re: 700 Club in 13 months thanks to this forum!

Nice!
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 2 of 5
trnl2016
Regular Contributor

Congrats!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Have you try the simulator within your myFICO account? Do the paying bills on time scenario and see what it'll say. From what I have read, your true score should be somewhere close to it. All you need now is just time for your accounts to age.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The MyFico Simulator is predicting 50 point increase in about 9 months.  I'm not sure how optimistic that is though.  I don't see any need to get a new card in the next 9 months really.  Possibly the only one on my want list is the CSP (to replace the Amex PRG,) but with the 5/24 rule, I got a couple years to wait for that one. 750 by the end of the year sounds awesome to me though.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.