cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

700 Club with Default Student Loans possibility?

tag
Jon85
Frequent Contributor

700 Club with Default Student Loans possibility?

Hi all,

So, the last 6 months, I've opened 4 new credit credits to create positive lines, since all I had on my credit reports last year were 5 defaulted SLs, and 2 unpaid COs. (I have Cap 1 Platnium, Cap 1 QuickSilver, Sony Visa, and Kohls Card). 

I rehabbed my SLs, but Sallie Mae just changed the default status to "paid/transferred," and my new servicer has their own TLs for the same loans. I also paid for the two COs, they were from 2008 and 2010.

I'm at 10% utilization right now and my Fico scores are sitting at around 620...

My negative TLs from old SLs aren't due to fall off until 2018... do you think I could work toward 700 while those are still in my file? Or is that a dream too far-fetched? 

LOL

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
firetech593
Regular Contributor

Re: 700 Club with Default Student Loans possibility?

@Jon85 wrote:

Hi all,

So, the last 6 months, I've opened 4 new credit credits to create positive lines, since all I had on my credit reports last year were 5 defaulted SLs, and 2 unpaid COs. (I have Cap 1 Platnium, Cap 1 QuickSilver, Sony Visa, and Kohls Card). 

I rehabbed my SLs, but Sallie Mae just changed the default status to "paid/transferred," and my new servicer has their own TLs for the same loans. I also paid for the two COs, they were from 2008 and 2010.

I'm at 10% utilization right now and my Fico scores are sitting at around 620...

My negative TLs from old SLs aren't due to fall off until 2018... do you think I could work toward 700 while those are still in my file? Or is that a dream too far-fetched? 

LOL

Jon, when the new SL tradelines are paid in full, Sallie should delete the old negative tradelines. MY DW had 3 in rehab, but i paid them off early, and they still deleted.

Message 2 of 5
kjel
Established Contributor

@Jon85 wrote:

Hi all,

LOL

Right there with you. I got out of rehab in March 2013 and had the new TLs opened in April 2013. Paid the two collections, have a judment and an unpaid C/O. I am in the 640s for EQ & EX and that's with my credit cards reporting at 62% util. I've paid them down to 1% recently so seeing if I get a little bounce with that. I've also opened one new card in June 2013. I think it's entirely possible as your new TLs season and the baddies age. 

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 3 of 5
Jon85
Frequent Contributor

Oh, wow, that's really encouraging! Thank you for responding! Are you old TLs with the original SLs baddies still reporting?

Message 4 of 5
kjel
Established Contributor

@Jon85 wrote:

Oh, wow, that's really encouraging! Thank you for responding! Are you old TLs with the original SLs baddies still reporting?

Yeah, the old ones with the lates are reporting in all their negative glory but they are all reporting paid/closed/zero balance. As time passes it seems to sting a little less especially now the new TLs have a perfect payment history for 12 months.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.