Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

700 club!

tag
greent
Frequent Contributor

700 club!

I finally hit over 700 credit score. My FICO from Discover card gave me the update. I'm so excited after a year of rebuilding.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 700 club!

Congratulations! High five lol! I received the same great news from discover this week also. Pretty exciting stuff good job!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!! Keep building! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
Lymin
New Contributor

Congrats! Would you be willing to share a bit of your journey to 700?

Gardening since 8/13/2016

Message 4 of 7
greent
Frequent Contributor

Of course! I opened 10 credit cards. I make monthly payments on time. I had a bad history of late payments. Currently 24 latest are reporting that don't fall off until 2019. I had three collections, one was removed not sure why. I was planning on pay for delete but it's not reporting anymore. I payed for delete one of the collections. It was a small medical bill. I'm going to PFD the third collection but it's larger so I have to save. Also I have 10% UTIL and I'm working on paying it down. 22k total in available credit. But how I started apping is because Cap One sent a pre approved letter when my credit was about 590, but that gave me confidence so I apped for two more Cap One cards and one Credit One card (but I already closed them). When I got up to 680 I apped for Amex Discover Wal-Mart and Amazon Target and Amazon. I just need a lot of on time payments. I also signed up for credit Karma, credit wise although they are fakos I see the activity there. I get my Fico my Amex EX Discover TU myfico EQ.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be mindful that your collection that dropped off was most likely sold and could reappear as a new collection at anytime causing a significant drop in score.

Message 6 of 7
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

congrats! !!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.