tag
cyberone28
Regular Contributor

75% utilization paid off!!!

Ok guys I'm exited!!  

Credit limit is $2,000  was using 75%..

score 559. Smiley Sad.  

bern paying in time all bills so this is the first time 

i will be happy if I see a 10 points jump!!!  wells Fargo will report today or tomorrow from 250$ to 0$. Then the other ones followed until the 30 

we will see how much this jump.. Never been above 559 ;(

Hey my credit is not that bad.. at least i got a couch with a 87% APR Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 462 Smiley Sad journey started on 3/29/2013
Current Score: EXP 715 Smiley Happy EQ 720 Smiley Happy TU 700 Barclaycard fico Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 700+ one day Smiley Happy update... 750+ across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: 75% utilization paid off!!!

Congrats!  For best results please have 1 account report a balance of 1-9% and not all accounts with 0 balance. Fico does not like that..Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 21
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

Congrats! Keep up the good work

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 3 of 21
cyberone28
Regular Contributor

Yes there will be one I just opened 300 cl reporting 85$
Hey my credit is not that bad.. at least i got a couch with a 87% APR Smiley Happy

Current Score: EXP 715 Smiley Happy EQ 720 Smiley Happy TU 700 Barclaycard fico Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 21
cyberone28
Regular Contributor

One more question I have a total of 4 credit cards now.. Wells Fargo (secured) , first progress(secured), open sky(secured) and credit one bank(unsecured)
I personally like Wells Fargo and firstprogress because of the grace time..
Can I leave 3 of them without use and only use Wells Fargo or firstprogress charge it 20$ or I have to use the other cards as well? Because I can put them in the closet lol please explain thanks Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 21
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It doesn't matter which one you actually use as long as all but one report 0 balances.  You can use all of them but pay them off before they report.

If you aren't going to use all of them regularly you may want to change up which one you use so the CCC will see activity on the card and not close it.

Message 6 of 21
cyberone28
Regular Contributor

Thanks Guinness ! May I ask another question.
Is there a limit on the minimum usage?
Can I use them once a month?
Example I can pay my electricity with one, groceries with the other etc etc.. But is there a minimum usage? I'm saying this because all those things I pay them with my debit card anyways, but I don't want to charge more than $100 on the cards,..
Hope I'm not confusing Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 21
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I guess I don't understand what you mean by minimum usage.

You can use how much on any of the cards you want during the month as long as they are paid to 0 before the reporting date.  All except the one that will be 9% or below.

Message 8 of 21
cyberone28
Regular Contributor

Ok i got that part. What I meant was let's say my Wells Fargo credit card is $1,000 CL, will they close my credit card if I only use $50 in the whole month and pay it in full before they report?
Same goes for my other cards, will the creditor close them if I only charge like $30- $50 a month and pay them in full?
Hope I'd explained my self good this time

Message 9 of 21
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I understand now.

I don't think there is a minimum.  I have seen where the more you use a card, the more likelyhood to get CLI. 

As long as you are using it should be what counts. 

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.