Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8 year CO Dispute through mail or call in to supervisor

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

8 year CO Dispute through mail or call in to supervisor

I have an 8 year old CO that my TU keeps saying is scheduled to fall off March 2015.  I knew it could technically be 7 years and 6 months but now I'm at 7 years 11 months.  The DOFD is 2/2008.  Keeps updating monthly.  I've been waiting patiently for it to fall off.  I don't know if I start with TU or go to OC (First Premier).  

It was removed automatically last year by EX and EQ with it updating monthly at the time.  

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 8 year CO Dispute through mail or call in to supervisor

Call TU and ask for an EE. Might be best to speak with a supervisor, I've noticed that the regular csr's seem to dispute the item. TU will usually do EE's up to 6 months early. Good luck
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Call TU and ask for an EE. Might be best to speak with a supervisor, I've noticed that the regular csr's seem to dispute the item. TU will usually do EE's up to 6 months early. Good luck

No, in this case it would be appropriate to use the dispute process. I would go online and dispute it as "too old".

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Didn't notice the year was 2015. Definitely dispute
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I submitted as "too old."  And under comments I put it is too old to report.  Please Remove

I guess they will email me or something when the decide what to do.

Message 5 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the CRA is clearly showing a DOFD of 2/2008, then the CRA is in violation of FCRA 605(c), in that they are continuing to include the CO in credit reports issued after 7 years plus 180 days from the DOFD of record.

Yes file a dispute with the CRA of their lack of compliance with FCRA 605(c).

If they do not provide you with a credit report showing that they have now made the required exclusion, as they are required to do when  resolution of a dispute is by way of changes to the consumer's credit file, then file a complaint with the CFPB for their clear, and now, in view of the dispute, willful, violation of FCRA 605(c).

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

If the CRA is clearly showing a DOFD of 2/2008, then the CRA is in violation of FCRA 605(c), in that they are continuing to include the CO in credit reports issued after 7 years plus 180 days from the DOFD of record.

Yes file a dispute with the CRA of their lack of compliance with FCRA 605(c).

If they do not provide you with a credit report showing that they have now made the required exclusion, as they are required to do when  resolution of a dispute is by way of changes to the consumer's credit file, then file a complaint with the CFPB for their clear, and now, in view of the dispute, willful, violation of FCRA 605(c).

Thanks robert!

it says:

Date Last Payment Made:  02/02/2008

Date Closed:  07/01/2008

Date Updated:  02/07/2016

Estimated month and year this item will be removed:  03/2015

Says same thing every month except the "date updated" gets updated monthly.  I have my eight hard copies of my TU since 08/2014 showing the same Date of Last Payment and Date Closed and estimated month/year to be removed as consistently the same.   Just updates every month.  DIdn't know if that's whats keeping it on.  

Frustrating.  

Message 7 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

That is helpful, but an estimated date of exclusion is nto the same as clear statement of the DOFD.

They estimate the exclusion date based on teh reported DOFD, and usually provide an estimated date that is 7 years after the DOFD, but there is no clear requirment as to what period their estimate is based on. 

If you have the statement of the actual DOFD, then you have basis for determining the exact month after which they become in violation of FCRA 605(c).

Perhaps if order your free report from annualcreditreport.com,, it will show the actual DOFD that is of record in your file.......

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.