Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

800 numbers to speak with actual people at the 3 CRA's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

800 numbers to speak with actual people at the 3 CRA's

I JUST SAW THE STICKY!! I SWEAR THAT WAS THE FIRST PLACE I LOOKED, LOL.

You can delete this thread if you feel the need

I'm currently starting my credit repair journey and have a couple collections I should be able to get off just by talking to the CRA's directly (ATT pulled back the collections and the CA's reported to the CRA's that they no longer own the debt but the CRA's have not deleted)

Does  anybody happen to have some backdoor numbers that lets me get in to speak with an actual person without going through 20 menu trees?

Any help would be awesome.

I tried to search but for some reason no results came up.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

Re: 800 numbers to speak with actual people at the 3 CRA's

If it was placed with the CA and the CA tried to collect, then they had every right to place a mark on your reports.

Why was it retracted by the OC? false collection? payment? what?

If you paid them, then it can stay on there as a collection however it must show that it is paid and that it has a 0 balance. If it went to the CA in error then that is a different situation all together.

Calling and talking to the CRA won't get much done.

If you feel the colleciton is in error then you can try disputing it with the CRA, however that is different than just calling and talking to someone and must go the full channels. If it was just as easy as calling up and talking to a human and saying "trust me, its not supposed to be on there" we'd all have spotless records. The CRA are held to high standards and thus must be very carfeul and take everything with a grain of salt and investigate everything to the fullest.

I think if you think it shouldn't be on your records because you paid, you could try contacting the CA directly and asking them to remove the colleciton as an act of good will.

Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was redacted because ATT hired another CA to collect on the account.

They redacted from 2 CA's and it's currently with EOS CCA, but the 2 redacted CA's are reporting up until the months it was redacted, after contacting them they said they both reported to the CRA's that they no longer have the debt and to remove it but the CRA's have yet do do so.

I have paid nobody a dime. I have an email in with EOS that several people in here have had success with in getting removed.
Message 3 of 8
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

@nfrederick wrote:
It was redacted because ATT hired another CA to collect on the account.

Then it can stay on there as long as they want to keep it on there (edited to clarify- up to the 7 year +180 day mark that is) ...however it must show a 0 balance.

You could have 100 different collections all on the same account.....as long as 99 show a 0 balance and that they don't update after the fact.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 2 that don't own the debt anymore are still showing a balance due. How should I word a letter to the CRA's?
Message 5 of 8
scarrollprint
Frequent Contributor

@nfrederick wrote:
The 2 that don't own the debt anymore are still showing a balance due. How should I word a letter to the CRA's?

the 2 that don't own the debt anymore can still have their collections listed....your not going to get them removed under the assumption that they once had the authority to collect.

Look at it this way you origionally owed money to the OC. they sold it to a CA. Are you going to say the OC must delete their info off your reports? no its the same thing here. As long as when the debt was sold to another CA they changed the balanced owed to 0 there is nothing you can do. Weither they sold it, or the OC...doesn't matter.

I'd focus on working on a PFD with the OC and then after its paid of start sending GWs to any that remained....

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

OC's not even reporting it on my reports.

So lets say the company that has it right now deletes it, ATT can just hire another company to collect?

Message 7 of 8
jadeite788
Established Contributor

nevermind

nfrederick wrote:

I JUST SAW THE STICKY!! I SWEAR THAT WAS THE FIRST PLACE I LOOKED, LOL.

You can delete this thread if you feel the need

I'm currently starting my credit repair journey and have a couple collections I should be able to get off just by talking to the CRA's directly (ATT pulled back the collections and the CA's reported to the CRA's that they no longer own the debt but the CRA's have not deleted)

Does  anybody happen to have some backdoor numbers that lets me get in to speak with an actual person without going through 20 menu trees?

Any help would be awesome.

I tried to search but for some reason no results came up.

Starting Score: 565
Current Experian Score: 634 (Lender pull)
Current Equifax Score: previous 668, 680 as of 11/12/13 lender pull
Current Transunion Score: previous 675,677 as of 09/23/13
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.