Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

867YA10D RECOVERY COMPANY

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

867YA10D RECOVERY COMPANY

I had enhanced recovery on my report for over Year now... I sent a DV letter to them and gave not received an answer. Looking at my report now the exact same tradeline is being listed as 867YA10D RECOVERY COMPANY  and they have it listed as date reported 2/2015... Is this legal? They just changed the name of the CA and then changed the date

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: 867YA10D RECOVERY COMPANY

I presume they are a new debt collector.

Either the current owner hired a new debt collector, or they sold it to another party.

Yes, that is legal.

The DV does not apply to the new debt collector.

If you wish to request DV with them, you must start anew.

Did they send dunning notice?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm pretty sure that 867*** number is basically a company identifier. Is it on your EQ report from myFico? I have the same thing on mine, but if you pull your free annual credit report it will just say Enhanced Recovery. The date change is where the CA transmitted data recently.

The CAs pay the CRAs for updates on your CR when it looks Like your CR is improving, thus making you appear more collectible.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

Either the current owner hired a new debt collector, or they sold it to another party.

Yes, that is legal.

867YA10D *is* Enhanced Recovery. They are on my EQ file as well, and the address and account info is the same as the Enhanced Recovery entry thats on my TU report that was pulled at the same time. So the OP's DV would indeed apply to them. 

Assuming the OP's DV was timely, *and* they have not provided validation, then their updating of their report is a violation of the cease collection bar is it not? 

Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

Yes, that is legal.

867YA10D *is* Enhanced Recovery. They are on my EQ file as well, and the address and account info is the same as the Enhanced Recovery entry thats on my TU report that was pulled at the same time. So the OP's DV would indeed apply to them. 

Assuming the OP's DV was timely, *and* they have not provided validation, then their updating of their report is a violation of the cease collection bar is it not? If the DV was timely then yes it would be a violation of the cease collection bar pending proper validation.

Message 5 of 6
BoredExcited
Established Member

I am in the same boat. They were listed as Enhanced Recovery Company on my Transunion and Experian report and under this name on my Equifax. i have gotten them deleted on the other Transunion and Experian reports but it is taking its time coming off of Equifax.  Did you have a Time Warner account?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.