Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

87 points increase, is this right?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

87 points increase, is this right?

My FICO score was 633 last month. It is now 720 because a collection account have been deleted. That is a 87 point increase. I have no collections or late payments. Is this increase reasonable?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 87 points increase, is this right?

Anything is possible in the Credit world Smiley Very Happy

With that said ... Are these FICO scores or FAKO?  Where did you pull the score from?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pulled the score from myFICO.com yesterday night.
Message 3 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

It's very possible if you're relatively free of any other baddies and/or if that CA was relatively new.

I had a CA pop on with an otherwise clean CR and my FICO dropped 104 points. The CA was removed and my score went up over 100 points.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

holy moly !!!! I wish my score would go up 100 points Smiley Wink  some day .... some day Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

PureCaSH wrote:

holy moly !!!! I wish my score would go up 100 points Smiley Wink  some day .... some day Smiley Happy

Hopefully it doesn't go up by 100 points after falling 100 points. Smiley Sad    At least the CA was gone. Smiley Very Happy  BTW, FTR, that was an EX FICO when we could pull our EX FICO here on myFICO and TU dropped 60 and went back up 60. Stupid CA.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha ... Very true ... It is very sad to EX not offered anymore Smiley Sad  I use the USAA credit monitoring for $12.95 ... While the EX score is no doubt a FAKO (as well as the other two) atleast I can monitor my trade lines, etc... Smiley Happy  Not as good as FICO, but I do get what I need out of it!
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My FICO score was 633 last month. It is now 720 because a collection account have been deleted. That is a 87 point increase. I have no collections or late payments. Is this increase reasonable?

Vankenn,

How did you go about getting the CA to delete your collection account? Also did you PIF? I had a CA account that I paid in full and read your post and became inspired to do something about it. I know I might not achieve results like yours but I am still inspired to try and do something about it if it will improve my credit score. Any information or how you went about getting it removed crom your Credit report would be much appreciated. Thank you !

Message 8 of 10
sharpie
Regular Contributor

Be happy.  I had a new collection added to my CR and it didn't even drop my score because they probably figured, "Oh what's one more..."
Message 9 of 10
msdraglox
Regular Contributor

Sorry Sharpie about the collection addition

But in regards to the 87 point increase, if you dont want it, you can call up FICO and tell them to deposit it into my account...lol, congrats. 

Started at 586 EQ and 604 TU in 8/2009
565 EQ Oct 09
614 EQ Dec 09
624 EQ Feb 10 ---604 TU Jan 10
643 EQ March 10 --from lender
Current 573 TU (myfico) 632 EQ (from lender) Jan 11
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.