Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9 Month Progress Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 9 Month Progress Report

No advice, just wanted to say great job!

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very curious how you managed to get so many baddies removed.

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow you have been very busy! Congratulations to your hard work and success. 

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pleasepleaseplease let me know who you spoke to and what they said in regards to rehabbing your nelnet loans and having the lates deleted. I see people mention this and they turn me down flat every time I ask.

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Very curious how you managed to get so many baddies removed.

Thanks to everyone!

With all of them, I dealt directly with the original creditors. I never dealt with the collection agencies they were sent to.

Verizon - I wasnt going to pay them a single dime until they corrected the billing and reporting errors. I then settled the final bill with them directly over the phone. The agent put me hold with she issued the recall from all credit reporting agencies. 

Old utility bill from apartment complex, couldnt reach them, no longer existed, disputed online with CRA

AT&T - I simply called them and said I wanted to take care of an old final bill. Paid it over the phone. 

Dental bill - drove to dentist, walked in, paid on the spot. Stood there while the receptionist applied the payment and sent notice to have it removed from collections, and then gave me a screen print out to prove it all.

Now HOWEVER, the student loans? Let me clarify:

US Dept of ED AFSA - apparently Nelnet/AFSA /US Dept of ED are all one in the same. 

The US Dept of ED defaulted tradlines were deleted. The original tradelines INCLUDING the lates from Nelnet have not been removed. Only the defaulted tradelines created by US Dept of ED while in default with Nelnet are the ones that were deleted. The only change on the original Nelnet accounts:

1) STATUS: 120+ days PAST DUE changed to PAID AS AGREED

2) collection permanently assigned to government (cant recall exact wording)/defaulted - comments were removed

As stated in my original post above, there are still a ton of lates reporting on most student loan accounts across the board. 

I'm honestly surprised that I've been able to reach close to 700's dispite of all the lates Smiley Surprised

Message 15 of 23
LittlePegger

Congrats! That's awesome! 

Also, I'm new to the whole rebuilding my credit... If I have an Amazon card charged off to collections for example, I could just go to Amazon and deal with them? And then work with them to delete it?

Pegger

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LittlePegger wrote:

Congrats! That's awesome! 

Also, I'm new to the whole rebuilding my credit... If I have an Amazon card charged off to collections for example, I could just go to Amazon and deal with them? And then work with them to delete it?

Pegger

I will let some of the others advise you on this. None of my collections were a result of credit cards.  What I did wont necessarily work for every company and for every creditor situation. It's simply what worked for me. Beyond that, I'm still new to this like everyone else, still taking notes and bumping my own head!

But what I will say is that even though the collections were reporting under "collection agency"  company names, the original companies still had the accounts. 

For example: AT & T collection was reporting under AFNI, Inc. Called AT&T and said I wanted to take care of a final bill, and they took the payment directly. So AFNI no longer had grounds to continue their collection. 

Message 17 of 23
LittlePegger

Ahh okay gotcha. 

Thank you! 🙂

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great job!

I'm wondering how going to the original creditor would work for me getting something deleted from mine. That is a very good tip, and giving me a bit of hope for my two big baddies right now. Thank you.

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Curious to know...Did you see an increase in your score when your student loans updated from 120+ days late to Pays as agrees. I disputed 4 accounts with Nelnet and they updated my account to Pays as agrees and under comments they reported sold/transfered to government. Thank you for you help!

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.