Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9 Month Progress Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 9 Month Progress Report

@Anonymous wrote:

Curious to know...Did you see an increase in your score when your student loans updated from 120+ days late to Pays as agrees. I disputed 4 accounts with Nelnet and they updated my account to Pays as agrees and under comments they reported sold/transfered to government. Thank you for you help!

I honestly don't remember specifically how the change affected my score. However, till this day, none of the lates where ever removed. Just the account status changed. But the lates are a few years old now and are not that much of a hindrance. Earlier this year (2017) I still managed to hit over 700 on all three reports with the lates still on there. 

And even better, when I started this journey, I knew the day was soon coming that I would need a new car. Mine was 14 years old. It came unexpected (minor car wreck- other person's fault) a couple months ago, and I got financed through Honda at 2.49%

To those in middle of rebuilding or just getting started, its well worth the sacrifice to "clean house" and "get it together" 

Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please tell me how you got the student loans off?!? I've been trying for like a month. I've disputed them. Please give insight
Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to get my Kentucky Higher Education and Nelnet Student Loans removed from my Equifax and Transunion credit file. The removal of those accounts increased my score 65-70 points, because of the late payment status. I wrote letters and I printed out the updates from My Fico account, showing each time they investigated the accounts, they were getting inconsistent updates. I based my dispute on the fact if they were properly investigating the results they would have been consistent each time I disputed. Equifax didn't respond to my dispute within the required timeframe by law, so I insisted deletion based on non disclosure. Currently in the process of disputing student loan accounts with Experian. 

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.