Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9 baddies are now gone and a 100 point increase in 90 days

tag
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

Re: 9 baddies are now gone and a 100 point increase in 90 days

That's an amazing success, to get ALL deleted (even Midland) so quickly! Don't you just love MyFico for showing us what is possible? :-)

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 11 of 14
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

congrats to you!  I am hoping to be in the same boat next month when according to TU, 8 of my baddies fall off.  If I get a 100 point jump I will be elated.

Awesome site, with great knowledgeable people who are willing to help!

Starting: TU:515, EX:521, EQ:528
Current: TU:700 EX:706 EQ:674
FICO Goal: 725
Cap1 Venture $11,000AU, First Progress $500, Cap1 QS $1750, FH$600, Open Sky $300, Cap1 $500, BestBuy $1500 Target $1800
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@George528 wrote:

@juniornj23 wrote:
How you did it

Living in Texas is a HUGE advantage compared to people who live in other states.  If a CA doesnt validate the debt in 30 days  they must delete.  I had 4 accounts with Cavalry and  they failed to validate and on day 32 I called them and made sure they did what the Texas law sates,  sure enough a few days later those 4 were completely gone.,  Of all of my 9 baddies I only had to spend 134  and got a PFD from Dish Network.  All the others just went away when I sent  DV letter.  None of them even responded to my DV letters they all just deleted.  Midland only responded to tell me they were deleting.    It was very easy for me and I realize I was very lucky.      I had no idea any of this was possible until I found this site and started reading others experiences.  Excellent advice on this site.  

I'm shocked at your success. How did you go about your DV letters? Where can I find more info about CA's in IL? I have 1 open collection, but they don't send me any paperwork on what they are trying to collect. I wrote to them a couple weeks ago, but I didn't include any legal jargon...nor did I send it Certified mail RR...was that a mistake? 

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.