Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 Day Fraud Alert Question

tag
Tyrran
Established Member

90 Day Fraud Alert Question

Good evening my fellow credit guru's, I recently had all 3 bureau's delete all old/incorrect addresses and each one put a 90 day fraud alert on my account per my credit monitoring service. My question to ya'll is this: Do I need to remove these fraud alerts before I continue my disputes, or can I dispute while there is a active credit alert on my report? Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
electra
Established Contributor

Re: 90 Day Fraud Alert Question

What did you say in your letter to have the addresses removed?

Message 2 of 5
Tyrran
Established Member

I just asked them to remove all addresses that are not my current address because I didn't want to be a identity theft victim. I sent a copy of my license, ss card, and voter registration for proof of address and identity.

I never said I was a victim or was frauded.
Message 3 of 5
electra
Established Contributor

Hmm, I guess they did that because of the part about your being concerned about identity theft?  I'm not sure what a fraud alert is or whether it's something you yourself can remove.  Hopefully one of the veterans will weigh in.

Message 4 of 5
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Per my firsthand experience, not hearsay: Having a FA active will opt you out. Permissible pulls, from those already on your report, can still access you. Applying for credit becomes an increased effort, since you have to verify your identity. You still have normal function of your info; disputing/updating. Chances are that someone did a speed read on your letter, then used the magic word "fraud," and coded it as such.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.