Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90-day lates changed to "ND"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

90-day lates changed to "ND"

I use Credit Karma just to keep track of any major changes to my credit report and I noticed when I logged on a couple days ago that my payment history had gone from 99 percent to 100 percent without me having done anything. I had a set of six 90-day lates in 2013 thanks to Nelnet screwing up paperwork for my IBR repayment. I'd tried to GW them for a time, but they never budged, so I just gave up and reserved myself to the idea of waiting until 2020 for my credit to finally be spotless -- more than 15 years after I first messed it up. But now, at least as it appears, those lates are gone. I went ahead and pulled all three credit reports and both TU and EX show "no data" for that month. EQ still shows the lates. On CK, their version of my credit report still says "Worst payment status: 90 days late," but there's no record of it. On the official reports I downloaded from the agencies, it doesn't show anything about a late -- ever. 

So, did I somehow get lucky and Nelnet deleted those? Or is this a glitch somewhere in their system? My wife and I are wanting to buy a house either next year, or the year after that. Will we have a better chance now? I'm really confused. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 90-day lates changed to "ND"

@Anonymous wrote:

I use Credit Karma just to keep track of any major changes to my credit report and I noticed when I logged on a couple days ago that my payment history had gone from 99 percent to 100 percent without me having done anything. I had a set of six 90-day lates in 2013 thanks to Nelnet screwing up paperwork for my IBR repayment. I'd tried to GW them for a time, but they never budged, so I just gave up and reserved myself to the idea of waiting until 2020 for my credit to finally be spotless -- more than 15 years after I first messed it up. But now, at least as it appears, those lates are gone. I went ahead and pulled all three credit reports and both TU and EX show "no data" for that month. EQ still shows the lates. On CK, their version of my credit report still says "Worst payment status: 90 days late," but there's no record of it. On the official reports I downloaded from the agencies, it doesn't show anything about a late -- ever. 

So, did I somehow get lucky and Nelnet deleted those? Or is this a glitch somewhere in their system? My wife and I are wanting to buy a house either next year, or the year after that. Will we have a better chance now? I'm really confused. 

Sounds like they ruled in your favor. No lates at all is always a positive towards buying a home.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.